Author Topic: Remember the "Sippers?"  (Read 18991 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: Remember the "Sippers?"
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012, 09:23:35 AM »
One bid, that's all? $9.99! These don't come up often, that was a steal for somebody . If the winner is reading this, maybe we can talk them into breaking up the lot to share the wealth! I'd pay $3.50 for one ! I think I'd choose the grape. What about you? Which would you pick?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 04:20:59 PM »
Those sippers, back in the day, sold for a buck each...full of juice, too! However, the sipper containers are hard to find now. Even with the price adjusted for inflation, the ebay price ain't too bad.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »
If any others come up, I am going to have to jump on them seeing that they are something I could never have as a kid, maybe as an adult I can have them! I might need to scour the hillside behing the homestead! That or find the buyer and offer to split the eBay cost for a sipper...anyone...anyone?

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 12:15:02 PM »
the problem with the Sippers was that people didn't keep them as souvenirs. Instead they tended to pitch them over the sides of the paths where they would be found floating in every stream pond and other waterways, dangling from tree branches and generally causing an unsightly mass. Also they were decidedly out of theme in an era when even formica countertops were looked at as un Silver Dollar City. They came and went quickly along with the remotecontroled boats on Lake silver that came that same year.
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2014, 03:53:18 PM »
remote controlled boats? would that be the same boats that ended up at CC? ???

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 04:28:17 PM »
it's possible but I rather doubt it. these boats went away in the early eighty's. I kind of doubt they kept them around for that many years tell cc .
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2014, 04:38:58 PM »
I can imagine the boats at CC were their when it was Branson USA.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2014, 06:04:32 PM »
The remote controlled boats did not stand up very well, as folks tended to run them into one another, and my pal Roger who ran the concession was constantly doing repairs to them with a glue gun. I remember pulling the little model obsticles in the water that atmospherd the boat area at the end of the '81 season. Me and Randy Stowe put them in the atmosphere barn and I never saw them again.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

DGriff1970

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2015, 01:18:08 AM »
I was just at SDC over Memorial Day weekend and mentioned to my kids how my cousins and I looked forward to the SIPPERS!   I always tried to find the Pineapple shaped one, loved Pineapple Juice.  If not mistaken I believe my mother may still have this.   She's a Hoarder :)