Author Topic: A Great Article About the Kindness of SDC Citizens  (Read 2296 times)

sdcforever

A Great Article About the Kindness of SDC Citizens
« on: April 29, 2008, 09:10:53 AM »
I saw this reader's letter in the Springfield News-Leader today.  Time and time again SDC and it's citizens go above and beyond to show kindness to visitors to the park.  Here's the letter:

"A few weeks ago, my husband and I went to Silver Dollar City to attend the International Festival. Between shows I stopped at the wood carving store to enjoy looking at the artwork displays.

I asked the cashier lady if by chance I could buy a small wooden VW for my husband -- as I like to surprise him once in a while with one of these cars since he struggles with depression. The cashier lady said they don't have VWs, but she thought one of the artists might carve one for me for $15 -- I agreed and said I'd come to pick it up in two weeks.

Last Sunday, we went back to watch more shows and of course I went back to see about the VW.

The same nice cashier lady went to a back room and returned with a beautiful wooden VW. As I was reaching for my purse for the money she said, "There is no charge."

I almost cried for joy -- not as much for getting a one-of-a-kind "toy" for my husband, not so much for getting something for free as much as it was for getting the free item from someone who does not know me. The carver's name is Ron as the lady cashier told me.

Thank you Ron, and God bless you.

Estera Enciu"

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: A Great Article About the Kindness of SDC Citizens
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:03:26 PM »
That is nice. Good for her!

Its so weird. You hear all this stuff about prices rising (and in some places they are) but then you hear something like this.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."