Author Topic: CC Fall Family FUNFest Announced  (Read 6058 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
CC Fall Family FUNFest Announced
« on: July 25, 2007, 04:10:07 PM »
Celebration City will debut their answer to the usual Halloween horrorfests for the first time this year with the new 'Fall Family FUNFest'. Included in this festival are hay rides, a maze, games, and loads of free candy, all set in a warm, family-friendly environment.

It sounds cheesy, but hey, if the candy's free, I'm in. Besides, who here hasn't had the fantasy of riding roller coasters in a giant dinosaur costume? It'll be fun.

I've been wondering though, where will the hay ride go? They say it'll wind through some woods, but I didn't think CC owned any woods, at least not any that are accessible.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: CC Fall Family FUNFest Announced
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 06:03:10 PM »
I kind of hate to admit this but, I've never been to Celebration City. My family just never saw the need to go. Maybe I'll go there someday.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 09:18:01 AM »
^If you're in to amusement parks, CC is worth a night. Seriously, it may be smallish, but it's really well done, and Ozark Wildcat is absolutely kick-ass.

I like how they're still running after the young families, but it seems to me that CC has lost it's original face as a 'night theme park'.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 07:42:56 PM »
Family Fun Days have started! Is anyone planning to hit one of them? I'd love a report, I really want to see how this turns out, it may define quite a bit of what we see from CC next year.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 07:44:28 PM »
I won't be going. I hope I can still go to SDC the last weekend in September, it's just that my parents are so busy right now. If I don't get to go the last weekend I'll feel like I kinda let down you guys here because I said I would post a trip report.  :(

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 09:08:34 PM »
hey did you guys know that cc got a corn maze for this fall it looks pretty cool
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 09:45:17 PM »
A corn maze? I thought they would have used hay bails. How exactly are they getting the corn there, and into the shape of a maze? Anyone got any photos?

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 07:54:06 AM »
well i went on to the web site and it says hay maze but still the same to me and its suppose to be really big with a few suprises at night  :o
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 03:40:36 PM »
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/celebration/101607/

^MIG has new photos from the park showing off all the decorations. I must saw, it looks really nice, and as this is only the first year, the next few years should be really good.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 07:24:49 PM »
Looks really nice.

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 06:17:30 PM »
Has anyone heard if Celebration City is going to have this event this year?  We missed it last year, but it sounds like the kids would love it.

Thanks!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 08:07:57 PM »
I'm kind of assuming they won't, seeing as we haven't seen an announcement yet and it's already mid August. It's a shame though, it looked really great last year, and it fits into their marketing strategy. I guess it just wasn't a big hit?

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 11:57:56 PM »
How disappointing.  We have invited some friends to go with us this year.  I rode the Ozcat Wednesday and could have sworn I saw the big round hay bales in the employee parking lot.  It must have been for grass seeding or something.

sdcforever

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 09:57:43 PM »
Has anyone heard if Celebration City is going to have this event this year?  We missed it last year, but it sounds like the kids would love it.

Thanks!

CC just announced Fall Family FUN Days, complete with a giant hay maze, scarecrow alley, hayrides, and a kidzone (apple-bobbing, etc.).  This is on Fridays and Saturdays 3:00-10:00 PM September 5 through October 25, 2008.  Is this what you're talking about?  For more information check out their website:
http://www.bransoncelebrationcity.com/you-should-know/default.aspx?id=319

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 11:08:25 PM »
Hey, that is great!  I just checked the site again today and there wasn't anything about it.  Thanks for posting the link!  I know at least eight people that will attend this year.