Author Topic: Where do you stay when you go to Branson?  (Read 32931 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Where do you stay when you go to Branson?
« on: April 25, 2008, 07:33:25 AM »
Where do you all stay when you are in town?  Is there any great deals you need to pass along to the rest of us?
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sdcforever

Re: Where do you stay when you go to Branson?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 08:35:29 AM »
We stay at the Blue Bayou Motor Inn, and we've tried a lot of places.  This is by far the best deal we've found.  Their rates for a two person standard room (which is a comfortable room) are as follows:  Dec. 23-May 15:  $50/night; May 16-Aug. 5:  $60/night; Aug. 6-Dec. 22:  $70/night.  Extra people in the same room are an additional $5/night, as are rollaway beds.  However, kids 12 and under stay free with parents!  ;D  They have an outdoor pool, and a nice glassed-in indoor pool with hot tub.  Their Starvin' Marvin's Restaurant is reasonable with good food.

They are located on 76, but you can take some access roads to get to them so you don't have to fight the 76 traffic to get there.  Here's their website where you can make an online reservation (they also have a phone number listed):  http://www2.bluebayoubranson.com:8080/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 08:36:18 AM by sdcforever »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 09:42:50 AM »
PRICELINE is your friend!

We usually stay at the Howard Johnson by what used be Starlite Theatre or at the Best Western Music City Inn across from Shoji.  We have never paid more than $40 to stay anywhere down there at brand name hotels using Priceline, and that includes peak season
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 10:09:34 AM »
Deer Run Motel is my choice of lodging. I've only ever been there once, but the pricing, the great upkeep, and nearness to SDC will keep me coming back. And when we go camping this summer, we'll probably stay at the Deer Run campground.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 10:29:14 PM »
We stay at the Windsor Inn. I have no clue why. That is just where we always stay. It has two pools (one with a slide) and it is located right across the street from White Water. It is cheap and the people are very nice.

Last time we were in Brason we stayed at the Comfort Suites I think. We stayed there because we got a free room because we had racked up enough points for it.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 10:55:10 PM »
I'm also a big fan of the deer run. The few extra dollars I pay to stay there over what I could get elsewhere is made up by the fact that I can get up and walk over to SDC at my leisure. It's the next best thing to SDC having their own hotel.

sdcforever

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 11:49:03 AM »
^I've heard of the Deer Run, but I didn't realize it was so close to SDC.  Might have to check it out, especially if we're only going down to Branson for SDC.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 01:03:50 PM »
Deer Run is so close that you could pretty much walk to the nearest SDC tram pick-up. In fact, it's so close that you can see Lot L from the parking lot of the motel.

But! Deer Run has its own shuttle bus that runs on a regular schedule and takes you straight to the entrance.

Last year was when I stayed at the Deer Run; it was early April, when it was FREEZING outside. When we got there, we found that not only was our room very clean and nice, but the maid had already turned on the heater so that we were greeted with a nice cozily warm room.

We only stayed one night, so we just took our car and parked at the SDC lot, but we did see the bus sitting out there in front of the motel waiting for any passengers, and this was before the park opened. So you can take their shuttle bus and be there just about as early as the gates open.

Deer Run also had a campground, so for warmer days, you can camp out and only spend around $14 a night. That's what we plan to do this summer.

~ "Becky" Joy ~
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 01:04:31 PM by tinaalsgirl »

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 02:14:41 PM »
We always stay in Indian Point at the Golden Arrow. Amazing atmosphere and you drive by SDC on the way to the rooms. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen and living room for 90 bucks.

sdcforever

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 10:12:43 AM »
^That's a pretty good deal!  I'll have to keep that in mind...

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 12:26:22 PM »
^ I should also tell you that deal is during the fall season.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 11:12:29 AM »
As I have said before my family and I stay at the Branson Motor Court.  http://bransonmotorcourt.com/  They have clean rooms and is locally owned.  The rates there are $40 per night after taxes.  That is for a room with 2 beds.  They have a nice outdoor pool.  (I for one like the pool to be outdoors.)  It is located in downtown Branson walking distance to Branson Landing and all of the stors in downtown like Dicks 5-10 and the fudge shop.  We stay there at least 8 times a year when we travel to branson.  We have already stayed there 3 times this year.  I probably will always stay here.  We have tried newer and chain motels and and we just keep going back here. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 11:24:37 AM »
There's also a nice cabin resort in Rockaway that we've stayed at a few times. The prices are good, and the owners are really nice.

http://bransonlakesfamily.com/

~ "Becky" Joy ~

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 04:46:22 PM »
We stay at the Notch Estates Nightly Rentals Condos. @ bedroom/2 bath Condo Just a mile  past SDC on 76 and behind the Notch Inn.  It is quiet.  Has two outdoor pools. It cost $130.00 a night ( which is what you would pay for 2 rooms in a good motel for a family of 5-6). You have a kitchen to save on meals if you like and the Branson West Wal-Mart supercenter is only a mile away.  Coming from Springfield, the Ozark Mt. Highroad makes getting to it great by avoiding all the traffic in Branson. The Condos are well kept up, the surrounding countryside view from your deck it great ( see different wildlife on each visit).  They even have a onsite launderymat if you need it. They decorate the building during the Christmas season.   And if the Indian Ridge waterpark/ golf coarse is completed, it will be a half mile down the road.  These condos sit on the ridge above the Ledgestone golf coarse.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

SteamFreak

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 12:01:47 PM »
I've always stayed in the best western branson Inn which is right next door to SDC you wake up every morning to the sound of the steam whistle...and what could be better?