Author Topic: National Harvest Festival 2011  (Read 3330 times)

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
National Harvest Festival 2011
« on: September 06, 2011, 01:26:57 PM »
SDC's National Harvest Festival begins this Saturday, September 10.

We will be going to Branson the 10 & 11, and staying at Eagles Lodge/Homestay Inn.

Via SDC's Facebook page, they will be doing a tribute to the "American Spirit" on the Square at noon on 9/11 in honor of that day.

As many of you have stated, the Harvest Festival is one of the best. I hope to see many American Crafts this year, and am crossing my fingers for good food! Red Gold Heritage Hall typically does Taste of America during the Harvest Festival; with each passing year it has become smaller & smaller with less variety. We shall see what happens this year.

The past 2 days in Central Arkansas have been beautiful, I'm hoping this pattern continues for Branson this comming weekend.

Everyone go out and have some 1880's fun at SDC's National Harvest Festival 2011!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: National Harvest Festival 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 01:35:05 PM »
I will be there oct 14-16!!! I am so excited! I too will be staying at the eagles lodge! Cake in my room yall!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 01:57:26 PM »
We will be staying at Homestay  Sept, 9-16.... hope to meet y'all!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 02:32:42 PM »
This is my favorite festival! ;D

I will be there October 13-15. I feel like breaking into song, and singing "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 03:26:53 PM »
Can't wait 2nd week in October I will be back there too

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 09:06:50 PM »
We might be there around Oct 13-15, too! MSU has Fall Break that weekend, so we have a four day weekend. Our friend's birthday is around that time, too, so we're hoping to take her down and have some fun; my roomie, our friend, and I all have season passes, and we three camped at the SDC Wilderness earlier this year and had a BLAST. We're hoping to recreate the awesomeness of that trip.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 04:48:13 PM »
I received this e-mail from Silver Dollar City:

"Join Us September 11, at Noon on Main Street

The Strength and resilency of the American Spirit is celebrated daily at Silver Dollar City, yet one upcoming day stands out as a landmark date in our country's history.
During the 10th Anniversary of 9/11/01, a day that changed the face of America forever, Silver Dollar City will honor the United States of America; remember the men, women and children who were lost; and give thanks to the uniformed personel who continue to serve each and every day.
Along with invited "first responders" from across the Midwest, all guest are invited to join in a special ceremony, Sunday, Septemeber 11, at Noon on our City's Square to remember. During this spcial ceremony, we'll reflect with prayer, moving performances by Branson entertainers, and a moment of silence to pay Tribute to The American Spirit."
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 06:30:20 PM »
We plan on being there Sept 24th and 25th.  It's my favorite festival.
I'm Your Huckleberry

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 09:50:03 AM »
The wife and I plan to be there on the 24th; we'll bring the kids back down in October.  My favorite festival, too, and fall is my favorite season.  The weather, the trees, the smells:  oh, my!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »
As in other threads, I am swamped with so many different aspects of life, and Lord knows I need the day or two away, however, I don't think I will be making it there this Fall... :'(.

Maybe I'll get lucky for a day trip, but I can't really leave for an extended period of time, as I am basically on call with the family right now. If I were to leave, odds are I'd be 2 hrs away (1/2 way there) and have to race back home...or even worse with the family illnesses, I'd be 4 hrs away when I was needing to be back with the family....That wouldnt be good at all!

Enjoy the festival, and take Lots of pictures for me everyone!