Author Topic: water erupting from lake silver  (Read 7400 times)

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
water erupting from lake silver
« on: September 03, 2011, 10:38:17 AM »
I was in SDC in the second week of midnight madness and I saw an interesting thing. I saw the water cannons from the canoe ride going off at random intervals. I went on the canoe ride as a kid. I loved that ride and in many way am amazed SDC got clearance to have such a ride. Anyone else seen this happen recently?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: water erupting from lake silver
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 11:39:51 AM »
To the best of my knowledge, you must be talking about the Greedy Brothers Treasure Excursion on Lake Silver that existed only in the 1984 season. The water cannons you speak of would probably be the ones placed around the Splash Harbor/Geyser Gulch area, I'm guessing. They possibly are left over from Greedy Brothers. Maybe were placed closer to the shore by the kiddie attractions. I was on park as recently as late June, and they randomly were going off then. If you are talking about water cannons in the middle of the lake left over from Greedy Brothers, I don't know what's going on there. Anyone with more input? Anyone been to the park and noticed this in the last few weeks?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 07:14:04 PM »
Ya the ones in the lake were the ones that were going off. Didn't see them today though.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 08:46:09 PM »
Where exactly are these water cannons? I know there have always been some by Geyser Gulch, but I never really took notice of them. Are these on the other side of the lake?

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 08:37:38 AM »
They are on the other side of the complex that has the targets for gyser gulch. You cant see them because they are under water. They are similar to the one at the flooded mine. They just blast alot more water. The greedy bros ride was so cool. I'll never forget that everybody on the ride were the ones responsible for powering it. That felt so cool as a kid to know you were an integral part of the ride!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 10:48:19 AM »
Interesting. If they were in fact from the original Greedy Brothers attraction I couldn’t imagine them still being there, or even still working.

More investigating will definitely be needed for this fascinating experience. :)

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 11:33:06 AM »
We saw the water erupting from Lake Silver 3 times during the Lumberjack show. I had never seen or noticed this before.
It seemed like there were 3 different spots where the water shot up; as mentioned earlier, you cannot see the pipes because they are under water, but the water does shoot up extreamly high!
It is not part of Geyser Gulch, it is much more toward the center of the Lake.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:37:43 AM by DollarCityBoy »
You have a great past just ahead of you.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 12:02:47 PM »
Doesn't sound like something they would do for nothing, maybe something is going to go in at the lake and this is their way of getting us to talk.  Maybe a little teaser going on there..............

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 12:10:26 PM »
It does seem a bit out of place with no specific rhyme, or reason for the blast. However, it definitely adds extra character to the lake, and the 1880’s atmosphere. :)

WolfHunter

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 09:04:34 PM »
I saw this recently when in line for the lost river and wondered what they were doing with this
Known to be "Amazing" -Swoosh

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »
I hadn't noticed... I'll keep a look out next time!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »
I saw this recently when in line for the lost river and wondered what they were doing with this

We noticed that a few weeks ago when we were there. Forgot to mention it until you posted!
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 11:26:28 PM »
Maybe too many people flushed at once.