Author Topic: How Will Gas Prices Affect SDC?  (Read 9870 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: How Will Gas Prices Affect SDC?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 11:56:37 AM »
If it's warm enough, we camp, since that's only around $14 a night.

And man, apparently we in Missouri got lucky; on the Kansas side of the Metro, they're at around $3.53. They said on the news that it's because the barrels are costing $160 a piece; if it goes up to $200 a piece, we could be seeing $7 a gallon for gas!

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 10:25:29 PM »
^That is ridiculous. I think gas here in our town is $3.37 a gallon.

Last time we went to Branson we filled up before we left and filled up in Branson and that was it. I don't know the cost of it all. It won't affect our trips to Branson any.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 11:05:27 PM »
FWIW, the CHEAPEST gas in the Branson area is at the QT in Nixa.  ALWAYS gas up there before going into Branson as you will pay between 10-20 cents more in Branson then in Nixa because in Nixa you don't have to pay the tourist tax like you do in Branson.

ALSO, the rooms in Branson have a tourist tax added onto them whereas rooms in Branson West do not last time I checked
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 06:21:30 PM »
Gas prices in Illinois have just reached $3.99.  We have a 5 l/2 hr. drive to Branson. We will make only two trips to SDC this year, one in the summer and one (hopefully) during the Christmas season. I am wishing I hadn't purchased 4 season passes, but who knew at the time what was coming down the line. We plan to stay a few days longer each trip instead of making multiple trips like we usually do.  As far as boating, well, that may be out of the question for this year. We'll also take advantage of free breakfast at the hotel and  fill up on snacks before entering the park.  Servings are usually large enough at the park that two can share if needed.  I teach also - that means not rich, but not poor.  I grew up vacationing with a cooler in the car and a bag of groceries.  Looks like we might be doing the same thing this year to cut corners.  What a bummer!  The best part of vacationing is EATING OUT.

sdcforever

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 10:35:15 AM »
^We hope to make two trips this year, maybe three.  Continental breakfasts are the best!  We always take advantage of them!

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 02:49:30 PM »
We're from far Northern Wisconsin where the gas is now $3.79 a gallon.Plan on going to Branson the end of this month for 2 weeks...will be staying in cheap motels and eating cheaper this year too.Don't like the preferred seats at SDC...people are paying enough for being there now.

sdcforever

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »
^I don't think they do preferred seating.  Your admission to the park is your admission to all shows, on a first-come, first-served basis.  Is this something new?  I can't find it anywhere on their website...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 05:19:05 PM »
BS they don't do "preferred seating" -- it's called "Show Lovers Pass" and it took the place of the Chamber of Commerce building just inside the front gate across from the rental depot
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 10:07:47 PM »
After seeing the line for Feet of Fire, I'm not the least surprised that they have the Show Lover's Pass. If I'd had the extra money, I would've gotten one.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

BelmontATO

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 08:34:18 AM »
There's no way I would buy a Show Lover's pass. I'm paying enough as it is. Plus, Feet of Fire kind-of sucked when I saw it. World Fest is my favorite festival, and I am always saddened to see how little representation Ireland has. After this year, however, I'm thinking they may need to scale it back again.

sdcforever

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 12:18:54 PM »
^They don't publicize the Show Lover's Pass very well.  I didn't even know it existed until now (or I knew about it once and completely forgot about it, which is pretty likely).  I looked all around their website and even did a search and nothing came up.  I don't think it's on their website at all.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 09:02:02 PM »
Well having large sections of each of the main theatres roped off with signs saying "Reserved for Show Lover's Pass" usually isn't a telltale sign of it existing. ;)  lol

SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 10:08:25 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty prominently advertised in the park, but I agree it should be more prominent on the SDC website. The best thing to do is advertise it there so that when people are planning their trips, they know about it ahead of time and can plan accordingly.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 02:03:21 PM »
The problem with the Show Lovers Booth is that it is located in a congested part of the City, The Entrance. Most people walk past it and have to be redirected back to it. I think a locker booth would have made a better feature then the Show Lovers booth, but then again I am not a big fan of SDC’s Entertainment Department.