Author Topic: What's That?  (Read 20210 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: What's That?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 06:38:46 PM »
I'm betting it's something for OTC. They've already got lights up on tons of the buildings.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »
Okay, there are still just too much variables, and questions about this silly thing. What is the ladder really used for? Why is the platform vacant? What will it be used for? Why is it painted a very industrial white, or gray color? Why was August decided as a good time to install this thing in the water?

It’s enough to drive the imagination wild! ;)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »
I think they are placing markers in the lake for the new attraction! Be a good place for the new woodie coaster to make a turn around! ;D ;D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 09:29:29 PM »
Hmm... that's one to think about. ???

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 09:38:22 PM »
Nah, I'm going to go with it being something to do with OTC. It's weird that they're setting stuff up this early, but they've been starting earlier and earlier each year. Now that the true summer rush is over, they're laying the groundwork for the displays. It looks big enough for a good sized tree or something.

They wouldn't put markers in the lake if they were building something there, they'd be draining it.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 09:47:55 PM »
yea shave, i know ;)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 11:29:51 PM »
I think on my next visit I am going to swim out to the platform, and sing karaoke from it. ;D

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 05:34:16 PM »
I really cant believe i forgot to post this but wayyyy earlier in the year i noticed them building a new platform on the lake but this one is attached to the back of the shop to the right of the LROTO entrance (where I'm assuming u took the pic of the platform in the middle of the lake from) I don't know if they are related in anyway but it sure did seem like an odd place to build a new platform at. I will be at the city on sat and will check this out more and take some more pics.

Pic is on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61022590@N05/
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 06:39:39 PM »
HINT: Think of something that will be happening throughout the Fall Festival!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 07:56:12 PM »
Copper I have inside information that reveals the truth about this platform! Insiders say it will be used as a LANDING PLATFORM for the new theme in that section of the park...UFO WORLD! Tiny aliens from a distant planet will land and take off from the platform in the lake four times daily, 10am, noon, 2pm, and 4pm. They will have a "meet and greet" aboard a pontoon boat that goes back and forth from the lake shore. Have your photo taken with these pint sized aliens and learn to speak their language known as "Imbullshittinyah" for a small fee of only $7.50 above gate price. You might say the experience will be "outta this world!"  ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 08:23:13 PM »

Could that have something to do with the Lumberjack show?  Maybe log rolling?
I'm Your Huckleberry

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 08:25:40 PM »

Could that have something to do with the Lumberjack show?  Maybe log rolling?

That would be awesome! You all know how much I loved the log rolling they did in the past.... :D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 08:52:40 PM »
I know there will be lumberjack shows during the fall...just maybe....in Lake Silver instead of the waterfall lake!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 10:38:04 PM »
Interesting. It's definitely designed so that somebody can come up out of the water and stand on it. The question is, why are there people swimming around the lake, and why do they need a platform to stand on? The only reasons I can think of have to do with them sending divers into the lake to investigate the integrity of the various lakeside structures.

I was under the impression the lake was only 5 or 6 feet deep. Is that wrong? Doesn't seem like they would need a platform for divers if that was the case.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 11:54:42 PM »
^I think it's deeper than that, but you're right that they don't need platform divers. It was just something that I threw out there when I first saw it.