Author Topic: NFL Football 2011!  (Read 5213 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
NFL Football 2011!
« on: August 11, 2011, 09:03:41 AM »
Well folks, here we are on the cusp of yet another season of the NFL! After all of this "lockout" crap, I am ready to tee it up and kick off! Who are you cheering for? What are you watching?

Here are my things to watch off the top of my head...

1. Are the Chiefs for real? With the brutal schedule playing the Patriots, Jets, Steelers and Packers, we'll sure find out!

2. Can Matthew Stafford stay healthy and the Lions get in the playoffs?

3. Can Sam Bradford and the Rams turn the win corner?

4. Do the Jets finally cash in on Rex Ryan's boast of winning the Super Bowl?

5. Do the nasty Steelers get fined six ways from Sunday for more nasty hits?

Thoughts? Opinions? Discussion.......
Andymeets1880s

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Football 2011!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 06:34:22 PM »
i think its crazy what they'r paying peyton manning for his new 5 year contract. alot'a sports are just gettin' too out'a control, just like nascar.

jmo - thats all i got to say....
Live life like it's the last day!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:08:18 PM »
I'd like to see the Falcons go all the way.
I'm Your Huckleberry

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »
I've done fantasy football for about 10 years now and the "friends league" we had well went down since moving here in 2008. Any SDC fans want to try to put a fantasy league together? Let me know...could be a lot of fun! ;)

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 09:23:39 PM »
Paige, my hubby has a fantasy league going.  We may have one open spot.  Are you interested if there is one?

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 01:39:56 PM »
I've done fantasy football for about 10 years now and the "friends league" we had well went down since moving here in 2008. Any SDC fans want to try to put a fantasy league together? Let me know...could be a lot of fun! ;)

I could get one started for us on ESPN if we get enough people interested in one. I'm definitely interested!

i think its crazy what they'r paying peyton manning for his new 5 year contract. alot'a sports are just gettin' too out'a control, just like nascar.

jmo - thats all i got to say....

The Colts were actually offering Peyton a lot more money but he turned it down so they would have more salary cap room to sign other players. While I also agree that he is getting paid a ridiculous amount of money, I also respect the fact that the leader of their team took less money so the Colts would have more money for other players. I think that shows a lot of character.

----

I'm so stoked for football season!! The Chiefs tickets we ordered actually came in the mail today!

Go CHIEFS!!!!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »
Paige, my hubby has a fantasy league going.  We may have one open spot.  Are you interested if there is one?

Sure! Just let me know the details!  :D

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 11:16:35 AM »
Never played fantasy football. Only baseball and hockey. The chiefs will probably be good and then fail in the playoffs. I'd like to see Sammy B have a good year with the Rams.

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »
im in for another fantasy league. im a diehard, but i only play in paying leagues

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 07:27:32 PM »
Ok, just got in on the yahoo with "DianaGail"....anyone else get invited? So if I ask for advice on this thread is that going to be okay?  ;) I've won 5 Superbowls in 10 years but been out of pocket without playing in a league for 2 so....be gentle eh?  :P

If anyone else wants to put another league together (money of course involved) then let's review and get it going!  ;D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 09:47:52 PM »
Tough game for the Rams on Sunday. I was 4th row endzone, for a lack-luster game. The 9/11 tribute was touching, and memorable, unfortunately the only things to remember from the game were Jackson's injured quad on the first drive, Amendola's dislocated elbow, Bartell's fractured neck, and Bradford's injured finger. What a loss, on the scoreboard, and on the lineup.

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 04:58:44 PM »
Yeah, it was not good was it... Other games were okay but cannot believe that last time out call the coach made on the Broncos game right before 2 min warning! What (only 3 points difference)?  :P Hard to get behind new coaches sometimes...although quite a few teams that won were not expected! That makes it fun too!

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 09:37:20 AM »
All H-E double hockey sticks is breaking out here in K.C. after that brutality we witnessed against the Bills. There is already talk of hearing...

"With the first pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select....Andrew Luck, Quarterback, Stanford."

I do believe Todd Haley is on the hot seat!
Andymeets1880s

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 11:56:41 AM »
So much for going 4-0 in the preseason as being a forecast for what the Rams could be capable of huh? I might be at the game again next week...we'll see if they have any luck against the Ravens.