Author Topic: SDC PTR 4/18  (Read 8814 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC PTR 4/18
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 10:04:24 PM »
Sure you can cheat (that's a secret little known fact you shouldn't be sharing) but it is more fun to actually try to hit the targets.  That score was without any cheating going on.  :P
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 08:23:55 AM »
Yeah, I've learned that the best way to earn points without cheating is to aim at just one target and shoot it as many times before it's out of range. I've racked up quite a few points doing that.

Now, wasn't one of the reasons they added the awning to the last part of the ride because people were aiming the guns at the sun to get points?

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 07:25:13 PM »
^LOL! I haven't heard that one. I'll cheat at least once just so I can win finally. I always lose.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 08:20:06 AM »
^I've won before without cheating, but it was a long time ago.  I just couldn't miss that day, for some unknown reason.  I didn't hit very many targets that day, but the ones I did hit were the high points ones and I hit them 15-20 times each!  I've never heard about aiming at the sun either.  That's interesting.  Might have to try that once to see if it works for me!  8)

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 11:00:44 AM »
As I recall, you can rack up points by shooting another persons read out as well
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 11:08:53 PM »
No offense to some of you, but it seems as if you spent more time trying to figure out how to cheat then trying to enjoy the attraction the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 08:19:48 AM »
^I had never heard of cheating on the ride before this all came up actually.

Otherwise I wouldn't have lost so many times!  ::) I'm not really a cheater though. I might or might not try it. You can't really be a cheater and play sports though like I do.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 08:20:43 AM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 02:09:44 PM »
Not that I'm trying to cheat - it's just that I really can't see all there is to see if I'm busy trying to aim at targets.  I'd rather just sit back and enjoy the ride and all there is to see.

I haven't seen anyone talking about the new prison guard figures in the Mine.  What does everybody think?  The convicts have always been unguarded, unless you count those ghostly ghould in the tall part at the end when they first changed the quaint enjoyable ride to the arcade it now is.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 09:21:13 PM »
If it's not too crowded this Wednesday (when my friend and I are going), I'm gonna try going on Flooded Mine twice; once so I can get pics, then again so I can play. :)

Speaking of... Anyone know what the crowds are like on Wednesdays at the end of April?

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 09:37:48 PM »
They'll be pretty good I'd imagine. Mmm, I need to get started on that SDC crowds calendar...

sdcforever

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 09:30:43 AM »
^The crowds shouldn't be bad since school is still in session and it's right in the middle of the week.  What is the crowds calendar, Steve?  It sounds helpful!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 01:19:46 PM »
^Since everyone is always clogging up Branson forums asking what the crowds will be like on a given day, I'm going to put together and interactive calendar to track the most and least crowded days. It'll also be easier to know when days like "school orchestra day" or "boy-scout day" are, when the park is filled with bus after bus of the little monsters.

Don't get too excited yet though, this is one of those things that I'll get to eventually.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 01:21:51 PM by shavethewhales »