Author Topic: SDC PTR 4/18  (Read 8881 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
SDC PTR 4/18
« on: April 20, 2008, 11:19:22 PM »

Another weekend, another park.  Silver Dollar City was rather chilly, just like Worlds of Fun was last weekend.  Luckily, a lot of the attractions at SDC are indoors, including some really good shows that are going on for World Fest.

Silver Dollar City Photo Trip Review
Click Here

SWOOSH

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC PTR 4/18
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »
Great Pics..  I am taking my daughter there this weekend and will try to get some too. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sdcforever

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:34:06 AM »
You can tell it's cold.  The workers at the front gate almost look like they're bundled up for winter! :D

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 09:46:58 AM »
I have tried but can not figure out how to upload pics...   I must be slow.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sdcforever

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 10:26:14 AM »
I have tried but can not figure out how to upload pics...   I must be slow.

I think the way people successfully upload photos on here is by first uploading them to Photobucket and then putting them on the site.

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 11:34:03 AM »
I was there on Friday also.  It was cold but there were no lines and we got in to the shows that we wanted to see without a problem.  We were only at the park for three hours and saw the two big shows.  To be honset, everyone I have talked to thinks that "Feet of Fire" is not too good.  I felt that the advertisement for the show was very mis-leading.  Perhaps they should have called the show "Island of Fire" and included pictures of people singing in the advertisement.  I would also have liked for them to explain what fire had to do with Ireland.  The show seemed more like a  Irish Talent Show.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 09:19:48 PM »
Thanks for the pics Swoosh. They are very good. It did look very cold. It wasn't near that cold when I was at the park a few weeks ago. It is odd how Missouri weather works.

You guys kick my butt at The Shootout. I suck at those rides.  :(
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 10:05:06 PM »
^You can't be worse than me.  It seems I can only hit 10-15 targets; the only way that's even remotely respectable is I hit them multiple times each.  :-\

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 10:11:31 PM »
I've never thought to take photographic evidence of my scores at Flooded Mine. I am now inspired to do so on my next trip. :)

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 10:22:06 PM »
IDK, it is something that we started during the Fall Festival last year and we do it every time now... well if we get a good score that is.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 11:05:35 PM »
Fantastic photos as always, I love a good pictorial trip report.

I'm surprised it was cold, it was really nice around northeastern Oklahoma that weekend.

Btw, was Giant Swing still running its usual pattern? People keep saying that they've been shortening it off and on inconsistently, but I think they're just loosing the effect of the first few rides.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 09:17:23 AM »
The temps were misleading in Branson on Friday.  It was 56* out, but with the stiff wind blowing all day, it made it feel a lot colder than it really was.  I think if the wind would have stopped blowing it would have been a great day.  Saturday was misty all day which made it feel chilly again, but then on Sunday it was in the lower 70s and beautiful.

SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 05:52:58 PM »
Just aim the gun (on the Flooded Mine) directly into the score readout of another gun and continue to shoot, shoot, shoot.  You're guaranteed to have the highest score at the end of the ride.  Every shot into the other gun scores!

I just ride in an ore cart with some others, but I sit in the back and do my shooting without anyone knowing what I am doing.  Outscores 'em every time.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 05:53:55 PM »
Btw, was Giant Swing still running its usual pattern? People keep saying that they've been shortening it off and on inconsistently, but I think they're just loosing the effect of the first few rides.

It is most definitely shorter. Its not that the ride is losing its effect. It is shorter.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 07:28:58 PM »
Just aim the gun (on the Flooded Mine) directly into the score readout of another gun and continue to shoot, shoot, shoot.  You're guaranteed to have the highest score at the end of the ride.  Every shot into the other gun scores!

I just ride in an ore cart with some others, but I sit in the back and do my shooting without anyone knowing what I am doing.  Outscores 'em every time.

Wow, all these years and I never knew you could do that!  The next time I ride it I'll try that.  Everyone will be amazed at my high score!  :D

Btw, I also have noticed that the Giant Swing ride time is shorter.