Author Topic: Beverly Hillbillies cast rooms  (Read 2794 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
Beverly Hillbillies cast rooms
« on: August 05, 2011, 11:54:16 AM »
Does anyone know if they marked the rooms where the cast stayed?? I believe Junior said the place where they stayed is still there. Anyone know if the rooms were maybe marked with a picture in the room or plaque or something?? If not, that would have been a great marketing tool!
I remember one time, my grandparents had some work done on their house and had to stay in a motel. They happened to stay in a room where Johnny Cash stayed when in Kansas City once. It had his picture and a small paragraph that told he stayed in that room, etc. etc.
 Maybe they should figure that out and do it now?!
Andymeets1880s

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Beverly Hillbillies cast rooms
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 12:56:53 PM »
The cast stayed at Rock Lane Lodge on Indian Point Road. The name of the resort has changed but it is still there. I doubt if they have anything recognizing the cast of BH, but they might have a photo posted in the lobby. Someone more familiar with Indian Point Road logding places will have to chime in here.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:54:38 AM »
We own land on Indian Point, and I know there is a Rock Lane Resort up the road a piece, is this the same one you are speaking of?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 04:47:14 PM »
Yes Rube, that's the same place. It was considered a very nice resort in the late 60s through the early to mid 80s. I  knew in recent years the resort owners changed the name. I drove down Indian Point for the first time in years this spring and noticed the resort entry. I think Indian Point looks good, too.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 06:41:13 PM »
Looks pretty chic on their website:

http://www.rocklane.com/

We usually stay on Indian Point in the "shoulder" seasons at the COE campground. I can't picture this place though. How far down is it?
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett