Author Topic: Should HFE build a hotel in Branson?  (Read 7874 times)

sdcforever

Should HFE build a hotel in Branson?
« on: April 10, 2008, 07:19:36 AM »
This kinda relates to this topic in Branson Talk relating to Pinnacle Falls/the new resorts that are being built.  You can read that here:  http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=144.0.  I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic, Steve, but I think it makes sense.  You can move it if you like.

I know HFE has a campground and log cabins, but should they invest in a hotel in Branson that offers packages that include multiple night stays and one day admissions to CC, WW, and SDC?  Other parks do this with success.  It might help combat these resorts that have water parks.  It would make it easier for people who are out-of-town; make one reservation and you have access to the major theme/water parks in Branson.  They could put the hotel near the strip, but within easy driving distance of SDC, not to mention WW and CC, so it would preserve the scenic location of SDC.  They could even theme the hotel to SDC's 1880 theme if they want to.  I think it might be a good invest for HFE.  What do you think?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Should HFE build a hotel in Branson?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 06:47:18 PM »
I would love to see an actual little SDC village built next to the park. That way, guests could actually be citizens of SDC during their stay, and it would ramp up the feel of being in a city even more.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 09:19:06 PM »
I agree to HFE building a hotel near the strip but I don't think they should put it right next to SDC. That would just waste more land that SDC could put a future expansion on. It would be really neat because we'd get special packages and just think of how greatly themed it would be!!

They could also offer a shuttle service to all three parks and that would help a lot with parking issues.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 09:20:03 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 11:19:25 PM »
I would love to see an actual little SDC village built next to the park. That way, guests could actually be citizens of SDC during their stay, and it would ramp up the feel of being in a city even more.

Oh, that would be AWESOME.

And I don't see any problem with them building next to SDC, only I see them doing it across the street from the park. Here's the pic I'd gotten from that parcel ownership site thing (discussed on another thread); SDC owns all the land within the red border besides that little square up top. The blue indicates the Wilderness.

I could see them building an SDC "village" between the Wilderness and the parking lots--the two long ones on the east side of Indian Pt Road.

And maybe the people who stay at the village could be transported to the park not by shuttle or bus, but by stagecoach!

I definitely agree that a hotel built and themed by HFE would be AWESOME.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 11:31:53 AM »
Ever since they built Wildfire I thought it would be great if HFE bought the condos by the lake that you can see from Wildfire. They could theme them Victorian Ozarks and call it Hotel Marmaros. They should build a train themed monorail that would bring guests up the hill to SDC.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 12:59:18 PM »
THAT... would be awesome too! I remember seeing Wildfire from on the lake when we rented a pontoon boat back in '06. It was great; all of us kids (well, I wasn't actually a kid, but I often act like one while on vacation, LOL) were pointing it out and getting excited.

I like the idea of calling it Hotel Marmaros.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 02:29:07 PM »
I have driven my jet ski up there several times and have wanted to take a picture. I would have to have a water-proof camera.

Back to Hotel Marmaros, it could have a variance of rooms. There could be extreme suites that would be luxurious all the way to family hotel style rooms. If HFE did it each room would be heavily themed and amazing.

sdcforever

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 04:24:36 PM »
I like the idea of Hotel Marmaros, and having a shuttle/stagecoach/monorail service; that would definitely help with the parking issues.  It could be near SDC, but not too near so the park still has that rustic/isolated feel.  There's just so much SDC could do with this idea.  I wonder if they've considered it before or might be considering it now?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 07:01:01 PM »
I've heard that Dolly is pushing for a major resort to be added on to DW in the next few years. If that goes through and is successful, I'm sure SDC will get one the very next year. Only thing is... it sounded like any old resort. I hope they get creative with it like we've been talking about.

sdcforever

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 11:38:25 AM »
I've heard that Dolly is pushing for a major resort to be added on to DW in the next few years. If that goes through and is successful, I'm sure SDC will get one the very next year. Only thing is... it sounded like any old resort. I hope they get creative with it like we've been talking about.

I found a news article about it.  She said she wants it in the next two to three years, they're working on it now, and that it's closer now than it's ever been.  She also wants a state-of-the-art theatre for television production; she'd like to shoot a children's show at DW.  I personally hope SDC never adds a TV production theatre (I don't think they would since it's an 1880's theme park).  I agree with you, Steve, if SDC adds a resort they need to get creative with it.  It seems like SDC might have one in the next five years or so since it appears DW's resort is not a matter of if, but when. 

Here's a link to the article I found:  http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/apr/12/dolly-opens-23rd-season/

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 05:51:21 PM »
I really thought a TV studio was what they had in mind for Red Gold Hall.  The place seems to be set up for a TV production - plenty of room for cameras, directors, etc., and a stage.  They haven't done it yet, but that place looks the part already when the seats are pulled out.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcforever

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 09:04:46 AM »
^I didn't think about that.  Yeah, Red Gold Hall definitely does seem to be set up for tapings.  I have no problem if they tape things every once in a while, but having a year-round TV studio at SDC just doesn't jive with me.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 04:36:49 PM »
^If they made that into a year round TV studio I think it'd be very stupid. Why would they want to do that anyways?

And if SDC can have a TV studio then we sure as heck can have a history museum!!

Sorry, I just want a history museum for the anniversary. That sounds so cool. I really don't think that it messes with the 1880's theme that bad. Oh well, sorry to get off track here.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 04:52:57 PM »
Actually, I think Red Gold Heritage Hall is the perfect size and venue for an SDC 50th anniversary museum.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 03:16:53 PM »
^Yeah, but it would looks better in Midtown. Although it would make more sense in the Grand Expo. Hmm.  ???

Anyways, I wonder if they'd go all out for a hotel like Disney does. Disney's hotels are amazing to say the least. I'd hope they would. In fact I bet they would.