Author Topic: Top Ten Branson Museums that didnt take!  (Read 2868 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
Top Ten Branson Museums that didnt take!
« on: July 18, 2011, 03:36:03 PM »
With all props to Junior, here is MY Top Ten list..

Top Ten Branson Museums that didnt take!

10. DogPatch USA Leftovers!

9. Underwear Tourists Left Behind!

8. Sawdust from Shad Heller's Blacksmith Shop!

7. The Used Handy Wipes Mountain!

6. *GASP!* Museum: Things found under motel beds

5. Porter Wagoner's Costumes!

4. Things Miss Jane (Beverly Hillbillies) Touched and Used!

3. "Here...Blow" Museum, Childrens' snot rags from SDC's 50 Years!

2. Lindsey Lohan's Alcohol Bottle collection!

And the number one Branson Museum that didnt take.......

THE OSMOND MUSEUM OF TEETH!

Whaddya' think, folks? Have I made a good recovery?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:36:52 PM by Andymeets1880s »
Andymeets1880s

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Top Ten Branson Museums that didnt take!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 05:56:36 PM »
LOL! ;D  Well done...
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 08:49:26 PM »
 ;D ;D

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:06:23 PM »
I love trying these challenges! Here is my humbly try. :)

10. World’s Smallest Toy Museum
9. Stone Hill Drunk as a Skunk Museum
8. Ripley’s Don‘t Believe It, or Lies Museum
7. Harold Southwestern Bell Wright Museum
6. Dinosaur Uses a Walker Museum
5. Forget Veterans Museum (Yeah, I think not!)
4. Sinking Titanic Museum and Swimming Pool
3. College of the Ozarks Wash, Scrub, and Maintain at Tractor Museum
2. Branson Matchbox Auto Museum
1. Hollywood Earwax Museum

Who’s hungry? ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »
You have topped yourself! LOL...

Here is a REAL museum I have to share with you all...at the Passion Play in Eureka Springs, AR there is a pseudo-museum called "The Museum of Creation Science" or something or another like that. It tries to put the Bible version of creation alongside the scientific version. In one scene in the museum, it has dinosaurs and early man living during the same time period. Sorry folks...according to science and scientific studies, dinosaurs and men did not exist at the same time. Now, I am a Christian, and I know in the Bible it says God measures time differently than men do, but, well, I think the people putting together the exhibits are stretching things quite a bit here. We have several school teachers on this site and I know they are Christians, too. I'd be interested in hearing how they feel about this museum. Sorry, I cannot fork over money for admission to a place like this. I know about the exhibit from reading press stories about it.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 10:14:38 AM »
Well, it is true that the bible mentions nothing about dinosaurs during Adam, and Eve’s time. I suppose they wouldn’t have had time to eat the forbidden fruit if tyrannosaurus was chasing them around. :D

To each his own I suppose! :)

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »
Adam and Eve being chased around by a T-rex?   :o  Funny, however, the Bible is clear that animals and man co-existed peacefully until after the Flood (Gen. 9:2).  A & E would have had nothing to fear from the T-rex; additionally, God brought all animals to Adam to be named (Gen. 2:19), just as he brought them to Noah for preservation (Gen. 7:13-16).

The book of Job, chapter 40, mentions a beast called the "behemoth" and the description amazingly resembles that of a brontosaurus.  Some translators call it a hippopotamus or rhinocerus, but those beasts don't even come close to resembling the description of the behemoth in Job.  There is also, in chapter 41, a beast mentioned called the "leviathon," which resembles the fire-breathing dragons of legend...perhaps the legends have their basis in fact.  Biblical scholars place Job as having lived just prior to the birth of Abraham.

Quite frankly, I have no problem reconciling today's scientific knowledge with the Biblical account of Creation.  I have done a good bit of research on the subject and discovered that the supposed conflict lies in how one interprets the evidence.  True, much of the scientific community promotes the concept that the earth is millions of years old (as they must to maintain their concept of evolution), but there are many scientists within that community for whom the evidence suggests a much younger earth.  And there are many which attribute the fossil record to the massive upheavals the earth experienced due to the Flood.  In fact, the Genesis Flood is the most plausible way to explain the fossil record.  Besides that, there are many other scientific discoveries that indicate a young earth.  You might say "what about radiometric/carbon dating?" What many people don't realize is that there are assumptions made in the process that cannot be proven, which in turn, make it's reliability suspect.  Of course, this is something that the scientific community does not advertise.   

I may just have to make a trip down to Eureka to see that creation museum...sounds interesting to me.  Those other "museums"?  I think I'll pass.   ;)

"Why do they call them Wild Women?"