Author Topic: Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip  (Read 2923 times)

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip
« on: April 06, 2008, 12:59:57 AM »
Over spring break, I got the pleasure of going to LA.
Once I flew in, my main want was to visit Magic Mountain.
(I have a six flags season pass)
When I found the park, it was just opening up.
I was EXCITED.
When I got into the park, the crowds were pretty low. I wasn't suprised. It was the morning.
First, I rode Tatsu. AWESOME!
Superman: Ultimate flight has nothing on this. There is a part there you flip upside down while falling and then go flat upside down for like 30 secinds straight! AMAZING!
Second, I rode Revolution. It was nice to ride the first looper in america. It was pretty smooth
for such an old ride. I notices an ACE sign at the entrance saying all this official blah blah blah.
Then, I rode Golliath and SCREAM! Golliath is a really tall hyper that goes 80 mph at the first drop. pretty fun.
Scream is a rough floorless that gave me a triple headache. Imagine Wildfire while getting your head hit with a hammer. Thats how it felt.

I was mad, because X2 wasn't opening for another week. I would miss it.

I spent the rest of the week at the beach in Malibu. Pretty fun trip.
Six Flags Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor recieves a 3 out of five from me. thats a 60% or D-.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 12:56:17 PM »
Huh, I wouldn't have expected Scream! to be rough at all, I thought it was a pretty new ride, and as a B&M, it should keep it's quality for at least a good decade or so... I thought SF maintainence was getting better.

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 12:19:53 PM »
I think the park just grew a little too fast.
You have to spend at least 3 days there to see it all.

CoasterCale

• View Profile
    • Home of Chicago's Very own Coaster Cale
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 01:03:22 PM »
Technically, B&M didn't make Goliath or Titan. They were made my Giovanola, who only made three coasters total before going broke. Titan was fine when I rode it last year, could give totally different rides, but they are almost exact clones.
Am I the only one that thinks PowderKeg is the best coaster at SDC?
#25 Wild Thing #50 Millenium Force #75 Skull Mountain (SFGAd) #100 Seven Dwarfs Mine #125 Avalanche