Author Topic: New Diving Bell Photos  (Read 5642 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: New Diving Bell Photos
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »
Great idea Junior! I really hope they allow you to do it. It would bring some good theme into an out of theme shop. I can't think of any reasons why they wouldn't.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 02:25:38 PM »
I have group photos (tintypes) from 1981-82-83 ready, and they will be put into frames. I also wrote a short piece about the legend of Rube Dugan and his diving bell that may accompany the photos, so visitors today will know just a little bit about what the diving bell was all about. Hopefully they will use the stuff.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 06:56:31 PM »
Just curious about how you all feel about the photo galleries on the home page about the diving bell and float trip I put out in the last week. Has anybody looked at them, and how do you like them? Perhaps if time permits, I can dig up some other stuff to put on a photo gallery. Tell me what you are interested in and I will see if I can find it for you.

To be perfectly honest, I rarely hit the main sdcfans site. My bookmark is right to the forums. However I did look at your photos there and liked that format better, I'm not the biggest fan of flickr. Too many clicks for me in flickr to go back and forth, enlarge, etc., plus it seems you break them down into subjects better by posting on the site. In other words, thumbs up! I'll start checking there more often for more pics.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett