Author Topic: One more reason to love SDC  (Read 3891 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
One more reason to love SDC
« on: April 03, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »
Take a look at this topic over at the 1Branson forums -> http://www.1branson.com/forum/showthread.php?p=319892&posted=1#post319892

Apparently, SDC has been phoning various people about their experience at the park on opening day, when twice the expected amount of people showed up. They're actually spending the time and money to look into the issue and see what can be done to correct it.

Now, not to bash on other parks, but how many other parks give a rat's ass about their customers waiting in line? It's only a problem to them if they get too many complaints. As for SDC, their integrity and commitment to excellence just keep showing.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: One more reason to love SDC
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:40:23 PM »
Wow. That just goes to show that even though people sometimes thinks SDC has changed, they really haven't all that much.

Great job SDC!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 11:03:01 PM »
You know, I find myself a bit surprised that they weren't expecting more people for opening day. This same situation happened back on opening day in '06. There were only 7,000 expected, but around 15,000 showed up. I can't recall having issues beyond some food stuff being out of stock (such as the bread bowls at Mary's Springhouse).

I think they ought to start anticipating more people for opening day. With the number of rides now doubled (or is it even more than doubled?) due to Grand Exposition, there are more people wanting to check out the park. And there's a reason it's called Spring Break Days--all the kids are off school and want to go out and have fun! Spring break time is one of the busiest times of the year for Disneyland outside of Christmas. Seems like SDC's goin' that same way.

I definitely do compliment them on their determination to make their customers happy. This phone survey is a great idea and I applaud them for doing it!

~ "Becky" Joy ~

sdcforever

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »
This is great news!  They're still displaying the initiative that made them a top national theme park; it's this initiative that has kept them from slipping.  It's never a good idea to wait for a flood of complaints to come in; that could create a PR nightmare.  It's best to initiate the conversation, that way when people discuss their visit to SDC on Opening Day they can mention any problems or inconveniences then mention that SDC has contacted them to make sure this doesn't happen in the future.  Give it a positive spin for the park rather than a negative one.  8)

As for not expecting a large crowd this year, I can see why they didn't.  It was Easter weekend.  But as for '06 and the years that follow this one I think they should be prepared for a lot of people.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 06:05:55 PM »
As far as I know, they still have a "satisfaction guaranteed" policy, too.  If any of those surveys come back as dissatisfied, are they being offered any consolation?

I know someone who thought an employee was rude at one of the rides - saying impatient things to loading and unloading passengers over the microphone.  He brought it to their attention at the Season Pass booth, not wanting anything in return, and received a dinner for two in one of the restaurants (which he tried to refuse, but they wouldn't let him).  That's the kind of stuff that accounts for return customers.  If people won't come, they won't spend.  It's good for PR and it's beneficial for business.

Another story - we made it to an hour away once and realized we had forgotten our Season Passes.  We called 'em, and they said come on in - that we'd just have to sign a paper and bring our passes in on our next visit.  Since the computerization, this trust has changed in that they now charge for replacement of lost passes.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 06:19:45 PM »
The first replacement is free, after that it is $10.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 06:23:50 PM »
Good to know.  Thanks.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating