Author Topic: Magic Springs  (Read 3018 times)

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Magic Springs
« on: April 03, 2008, 12:59:54 PM »
I was reading something that was referred to on Screamscape and thought that the writer had come to an interesting conclusion about the ownership of Magic Springs.  Kentucky Kingdom was owned by the same people who now owned Magic Springs.  Anyone who's been to Kentucky Kingdom knows that T2 is one of the nastiest and roughest coasters ever built.  Unfortunately, as a first-time experience, I heard a few people say that T2's design was better than Batman. Okay. . .I'll concede that . . . at first glance.  But if you ride a Velcoma inverted ten years later you would also agree that they are rough and terrible.  Thus the question, why in the world would you build the exact same model of roller coaster in Magic Springs if you have first hand information of how painful that ride will be in ten short years?  Gauntlet might still be a good ride, but how much longer?  Surely the Arkansas heat will depreciate it faster than normal.

Eagle Rider

• View Profile
Re: Magic Springs
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »
You're referring to my buddy Paul's post.  I, Greg, was on that trip with him.  Basically Vekoma offers a SLC at a much smaller price than B&M.  Enthusiasts know that Vekoma sucks, but for the GP, they see the ride and wanna pay the admission.  At least the park hopes they do.