Author Topic: Blazing Fury's Finale Neutered - FITH Next?  (Read 17915 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Blazing Fury's Finale Neutered - FITH Next?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 11:04:12 PM »
Thanks for the mini trip review on Blazing Fury! Like I mentioned before, the final splashdown sequence is symbolic of putting out the fire at the end of the ride. I hate to see it go.

I wonder when these proposed special effects will be installed?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 08:44:26 PM »
Just got back and it was in need of some help.  I noted not only did they remove the splash they also removed the fireman's water hose earlier in the ride.  It really did make it sad, there was some fake smoke generated in the final splash room that was very light and unafective.  It was sad, you are all correct on your assumptions and fears.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 11:48:36 PM »
So much for the hyped up “special effects” that were supposed to be an adequate replacement to the splashdown.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 12:56:50 PM »
THere was this water generated light mist ( that you didnt know was there till you got to the bottom.  They may have had a light shine at you as well.  It was very sad.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »
Just thought I would post this picture I took while I was in line for Blazing Fury in July of this year. Thought it was interesting!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 03:41:28 PM »
I love that!!  ;D
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 06:52:32 PM »
The last drop of Blazing Fury was very disappointing.  No water...just some flashes of light that only illuminated how bare the room was and how little there was going on.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 08:08:27 PM »
that sux!!

hopefully not the same for FITH!!

say it together!!

Leave FITH alone!  Leave FITH alone!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »
I don't know who else had the "Lunch with Principle" thing at the elementary school they went to, but it was a really big deal at my elementary school. I don't know if it's random, or they go by grades, or how they choose the kids, but they would pick 5 or 6 kids to eat lunch with the principle and vice principle once a month and would get their picture in the paper. I really liked the principle but didn't like the vice principle at all. I ended up having to sit by the vice principle and I wasn't very happy about it. Somehow we got on the subject of FITH and by the end of lunch, I had a new best friend. The one thing we kept going back to was how cool the end of the ride was, and the train. I hope for mine and his sake (and everyone else's), it stays the same has it did when I was in elementary school.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 04:53:20 PM »
mine did it too! we got to go to the jr high with the "older kids" who had the option of stuffed crust pizza and ice cream. it was sooo coool! looking back now it was kinda lame. lol.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 11:23:11 PM »
At our school, we ate at a table in front of the principle's office so everybody walking by could see us (I guess cuz everybody thought it was a really high honor) and we got fast food instead of school food. I only got it once, and it seemed like the best day of my elementary school life, but now it does seem kinda lame lol
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:25:28 PM by tiffanylynnt »

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 12:31:11 AM »
The first time I rode FITH (in 1983, I think), there was no water at the end.  I don't know if this was a temporary problem or it just hadn't been added yet.  I'm sure someone here can tell me.  I actually loved FITH sans water, but I'll never forget the next time I rode it, the following season, and was blown away by the splashdown.  I can't imagine going backwards. 

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 09:30:30 AM »
well I'm also a big fan of fith and if they have removed the splash down shame on them!! best part of the ride. i remember in the late 70s and early 80 they would have a water fight outside with people who were standing in line, on real hot days i thought that was great, i haven't seen them doing that in about ten years though. i guess with everyone having cell or what ever has put a stop too that.