Author Topic: Christmas Themes & Ornaments  (Read 3344 times)

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
Christmas Themes & Ornaments
« on: May 17, 2011, 01:16:59 PM »
Remember when every Christmas season at SDC had its own theme? Every year there would be a new theme, where all of the decorations were themed toward something. Rather that be Nutcrackers, Snowmen or Angles, every year brought with it something new and exciting.
There would also be matching dated ornaments. My family lovingly collected those ornaments from a span of roughly 20 years. The themes and the dated ornaments stopped sometime in the early 00's.
There are also the pewter dated ornaments, which you can get if you go 5+ times a year as a Season Pass holder. We collect those as well; however, we greatly miss those round themed dated ornaments.
If anyone has any memories or pictures of the different Christmas Themes each year, along with any ornaments, this is the thread to do it!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Themes & Ornaments
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »
I have not yet been there for OTC. but I am really looking forward to it,

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 06:11:49 PM »
I cannot believe you have not been to OTC..   It is my favorite time of the year at SDC...   and every where else.  The park is at it's best at Christmas time.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 06:59:43 PM »
I didnt think there was anybody that had not been to OTC!..

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 09:59:13 PM »
Yep! G'ma was always on top of the ornament deal. We have the old & all of the pewter until she passed away in 03'. It was because of her that our family would come out from Denver for OTC; started a tradition of going every year at certain times/dates from the first season. I still do those dates in her memory. When we decorate at the house, those old ornaments still go on the tree. The pewter ones old & new hang in the entry hallway all year long on the wall.  :)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »
Back when I was going to SDC as a kid, there was no such thing as OTC. I am really looking forward to being there in December. I don't know about driving through the mountains around that time of year.

Mountains + Ice = Bad situation

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 01:34:49 PM »
No worries as most of the ice, and heavy snow hit between January, and February. If you go in November, or early December everything should be fine. :)