Author Topic: Refillable Mugs  (Read 28461 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Refillable Mugs
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2011, 09:51:47 AM »
Hmmmmmm??    ??? ??? ???      SDC mugs?  DW?  SDC??  DW??    ::) ::)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2011, 10:42:02 AM »
When we went a few years ago, Dollywood didn't even have "mugs."  They had those sports' bottle type that are not insulated at all.  We bought some since we went in two different days, but the ice melted really quickly.  Maybe bring your mugs to keep your drinks cold--lol

I doubt they take the mugs, but you could ask.  When we went, we were kind of an anomaly for Dollywood employees.   At the time we went, an All-City pass (Celebration City days) would get you free admission to Dollywood.  When we showed our passes at guest relations, the employees kind of used us as a training moment.  Throughout the park, employees asked us if we were Gold Passholders.  We told them what we did have--All-City Pass.  Some gave us the big discount Gold Passholders get, and some gave us a smaller discount. 

My point is--be prepared for people to not have a lot of experience with SDC season passholders!   

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2011, 03:44:36 PM »
stacey, i am sure you are right about not having very much expiereience with SDC pass holders...  some of them probably never heard of SDC!!  lol

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2011, 04:44:50 PM »
I posted photos of my refillable mugs on Flickr. Also I posted photos of the FIRST refillable mug from about 1981 or 82, and metal and pottery mugs I used during my time as a "citizen." Click on the photos to enlarge them and read the captions below for more info.

http:/www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2011, 04:46:49 PM »
Whoops! Let's try it again:    http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2011, 04:50:12 PM »
Ah, that's better! I should mention all of the plastic refillable mugs with the exception of one purchased on park (green Christmas mug) were all found at yard sales in my area this year, and purchased for anywhere from fifty cents to a buck each. Pretty good bargain, huh?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2011, 05:20:38 PM »
now all you have to do, is remember to take them to the park next time you go!

MagnoliaWhisper

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2011, 10:47:09 PM »
We have a little bit of every thing. Are you sure the glass shop is no longer selling the glass mugs? They were still selling them up to two years ago? I didn't go the last two seasons. But, I know I bought one last time I was there for my next kid. I always buy one for each kid I have.

BTW, the small glass mugs are 75 cent refills, and large are 1.50. When they first came out they would sell them in the park advertising it was life time refills at those prices and they would never go up. So the answer about still bringing them and getting that price is YES! I mainly use the 75 cent ones for ice cream floats, as I mainly want ice cream and not much soda and that's the cheapest way to do that. I keep them in my stroller, other then that we have always bought belt clips and each had to carry their own.

Also up to two years ago, when you broke one, if you just could pick up the biggest piece or two and bring it back they would replace them for free. We did that a few times. There was no problems in replacing them.

I've personally never had a citizen question my mugs. I have had to remind a few though that it is 75 cents and not 1.00.

As for the mugs prices and how long they last. You have to read the fine print carefully. The newer ones are worded in a way where the price could go up with out any warning that the season that the price is wrote on them is all that is garunteed for that price. I can't think of exactly how it's worded and I keep the mugs put up high in the cabinet until SDC time so I'm not going to dig them out. lol But, some of the older plastic mugs are worded for that is the life time refill price. So those prices never seem to go up. The newer plastic mugs prices seem to go up every few years.

MagnoliaWhisper

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2011, 11:00:21 PM »
BTW I should of bought some when I was there that year, but didn't. I could kick myself, but I have looked high and low at garage sales and not found any around here. If any one gets a good deal of the kids, kid fest mugs, I need about three. I mean of course I will take them in piece mill. But, just to let every one know how many I need. I will pay what ever you do at the garage sale and shipping for them. I would for sure like it to be under 3 dollars for the garage sale part of the price. Same for the buzz saw falls mugs, still on the look out for more of them. We have a few but want more. I would love a tin cup as well! I think they were one of the coasters.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:03:07 PM by MagnoliaWhisper »

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2011, 09:19:07 AM »
I would love a tin cup as well! I think they were one of the coasters.

We have 1 tin cup of Thunderation. We got it the year Thunderation opened.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2011, 11:57:36 AM »
I have a tin cup from back when they were what were used in the Mine Restaurant...before they transitioned to plastic. But not Thunderation tin mug in my collection either.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2011, 02:34:10 PM »
dollar,  I would like to see couple of pictures of the tin cup from TNT..  2 or 3 views would be great! ;)

Thanks

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2011, 09:24:03 PM »
While we were there in August we had our refillable mugs - one stamped $1.25 and one at $1.50.  We were told we had to pay the current refillable price of $1.75 - new policy, even after I pointed out the price stamp.  During one of my "purging phases" I actually threw away a glass mug and one old plastic one stamped $0.75 recently. :(  WHAT WAS I THINKING?????

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2011, 06:19:44 AM »
Say it isnt so!!!  Threw away SDC items?  NO WAY!!!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2011, 08:08:40 AM »
I remembered I had another tin cup ...does this count?

(I should be a hand model right?)
This also has a matching plate.