Author Topic: Refillable Mugs  (Read 28713 times)

TigerGirl1226

• View Profile
Refillable Mugs
« on: May 16, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »
I know at other parks you can get a souvenir mug and refill it. Does SDC do this? How much for the mug and refills?

Thanks a ton!! ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Refillable Mugs
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 05:45:41 PM »
new mugs are 10.00, refills are about 2 bucks!  that is for the big mug!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:24:15 PM »
 It seems like I remember as a kid that those refillable mugs used to be made out of glass rather than plastic. Perhaps I dreamed that? Either way, it was always fun to see which person in the family would be left lugging them around all day!

It is a good deal if you plan to quench your thirst with something a little tastier than water throughout the day.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 06:27:46 PM »
we still have mugs from wildfire and buzzsaw falls. We get those refilled for the original price of 1.00!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »
There are a variety of sizes from the years past. Some are $1.00 for a refill, but moany are $2.00. The glass ones were stopped in the late 80's/ mid 90's (the last I have is from 95').

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:57:53 PM by rubedugans »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 07:06:23 PM »
love the first one rube, all you need is hot coffee and a shot of baileys ;D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 07:11:19 PM »
The Christmas ones held Hot Chocolate, and Hot Apple Cider (Before they started only serving wassail). The other mugs saw many, many saloon shows!

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »
I wish they would re-issue some of these and sell them in the etched glass shop.  Especially the one with the Wilderness Church on it.

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 10:03:57 PM »
We have all the same glass mugs...g'ma would always make my sis & I carry two "book bags" to lug them around the park, each taking tearns (she wrapped them in hand towels). She collected from the very beginning. I think we have at least three of each series/designs left (broke a few at the park over the years - oops!). We don't bring them much anymore because you can't get them. I asked at the glass shop last year if they would bring back...no real answer. Some of the vendors don't even recignize them, have to remind the discount or they say where did you get those?. We've gone to the new "big" plastic ourselves...that way we don't worry about breaking (can't break granny's heart that way).  ::)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 05:34:55 AM »
hey eagle1!  you type pretty well for a one-armed bandit!.  lol

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 05:43:02 AM »
nice ol'-school mugs rube! 11:41 of my video is a pic of some mugs we saw when we was there. but, they's sure aint shaped in any unique way like rubes.

heck, i wanted to replace my coffee cup i broke from the pottery place. but, the price went from $9.00 to $18.00! i said no thanks... so i bought a cheapy one in the HH for $7.00.
Live life like it's the last day!

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 07:59:48 AM »
I had forgotten they used to be glass.  Now I remember that I used to get stuck carrying them since riding roller coasters made me really sick.  I thought of it as a punishment.  lol

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 09:37:02 AM »
Those glass refillable mugs like the ones pictured above made their debut about 1982 or 1983. I  have one myself. Used it to drink out of during my time at the diving bell. My wife and I both recently obtained the big plastic mugs with lids. I was wondering how long the big plastic mugs (for how many seasons that is) can be refilled at the current lower price.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 09:45:06 AM »
We still have our glass mugs as well, along with the Buzzaw Falls mug and various others throughout the years, including a Tin mug from Thunderation during its opening year.
I have noticed that most of the "Citizens" still carry glass mugs with them and have them at their stations.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 10:42:43 AM »
Thanks for the pictures Rube! The last photo is identical to the one I remember from when I was youngster. ;D