Author Topic: SDC Survey May 2011  (Read 30604 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
SDC Survey May 2011
« on: May 03, 2011, 01:33:30 PM »
I just was sent an email and finished taking a survey for "future" attractions for Silver Dollar City.

There were three concepts:
1) a stage coach themed MotoCoaster (similar to Pony Express at Knotts)
2) a S&S launch tower
3) "The Bull" wooden coaster

Of course my vote went to The Bull.

Edit: I removed the link because it was a specific link tied directly to me.

Jay
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:52:40 PM by cowboy »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC Survey May 2011
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 01:57:27 PM »
Awesome, good to know they're finally shopping for new rides.

The wooden coaster is easily going to be the popular choice, though a motocoaster would be interesting so long as it's longer/better than the pathetic Pony Express at Knotts.

The S&S launch tower is obviously just accelerator from CC. I was hoping they'd throw that in the park for a lower cap. ex. year like this one. Hopefully they don't cheap out and use it as a "major" addition.

I think we'll see a wooden coaster soon. It's always been a matter of when, and it's been looooong overdue.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 03:20:17 PM »
yes! wooden coaster should be an automatic choice..   lots of space in the WW area.  That would be great!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 04:15:07 PM »
Did they have concept art and if so did you take a screen shot like a good boy would?
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 05:23:30 PM »
I just got the survey. I saved the pics & the descrips. Is it okay for me to post them here?

BTW, I voted highest for the Stagecoaster (sorry woodie fans).

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 05:48:26 PM »
How can I get the survey? I'd like to give my 2 cents worth of input.
Colorado SDC Fan

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 07:01:27 PM »
I just got the survey. I saved the pics & the descrips. Is it okay for me to post them here?

Yeah it should be OK. Concept pieces are only concepts after all.

^They're sent out to a random sampling of pass holders and others on their mailing list. Usually only a couple of people on these forums gets one.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 08:47:20 PM »
I got excited when I read stage coach, until I read coaster after.  ;D Was hoping for a rebirth of the old Butterfield Stage. I realize it will never happen, but it's nice to dream. Not familiar with the Pony Express, I'm guessing it's a wooden coaster with cars shaped like a stagecoach?
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 08:51:33 PM »
Not familiar with the Pony Express, I'm guessing it's a wooden coaster with cars shaped like a stagecoach?

Nope it is a launch coaster with seats that remind you of those on Electro Spin

SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 12:45:22 AM »

Stagecoaster: A team of horses idle between two stagecoaches. Choose your mount and strap into the saddle. Your horse suddenly takes off and you are off at a furious pace, hunched close to the ground. Your pace seems even faster as the landscape whips past you at breakneck pace. As you ride the coaster, swerving left and right, you follow tight curves as canyon walls flash past you, closely hugging hills and gullies, bounding through gulches with the rest of your team. The coaster ride is fast & furious filled with hairpin turns and narrow escapes and despite the urgency of your ride, you find the experience surprisingly exhilarating!

Moon Shot: Board the launch vehicle & fasten your restraints as you settle into one of the rows of seats that surround you on four sides. It’s the final seconds of the launch countdown. You hear the roar of the steam-powered propulsion system building up beneath you, then you suddenly shoot skyward, punching through a huge cloud of steam as you soar higher & higher….only to begin a free-fall screaming back to earth. At the very last moment, the thrusters re-start and you are launched up the tower once again…only to sputter at the top for a second time. The falling-launching-falling cycle repeats itself a few more times.

"The Bull" Wooden Coaster: As you board the great wooden coaster, the blazing scarlet ride vehicle, with its glowing red eyes and serious-looking horns rumbles in the load station and looks as powerful as its flesh and blood counterpart. Moments later you are hanging on for dear life as “the Bull” roars out on the wooden track snorting steam as it tops the lift and sends you screaming through the farm-scape, entering and exiting through a pair of bull-shaped holes previously punched out by you-know-who.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:47:55 AM by tinaalsgirl »

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 03:48:03 AM »
Did they have concept art and if so did you take a screen shot like a good boy would?

Sorry Swoosh, I made the post and took the survey on my phone....At first I posted the link to the survey so everyone could see it, but when I went to look at the survey again I noticed it asked me if I wanted to make corrections to my earlier answers. That's when I realized it was a specific link just for me so I removed it from my post.

Thank you tinaalsgirl for posting the concept art and descriptions. Is it too much to ask for SDC to give us all three over the next couple years?

Jay

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 04:56:32 AM »
interesting concept pictures..

All 3 in the next couple of years? After what we saw in 2011? dont think so!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 08:35:53 AM »
Interesting! We will see what happens here.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 09:15:54 AM »
The horse drawn stage coach deal looked fun until I saw the good old wooden coaster. I then fell in love and would feel cheap and used should they place the hair brained stage coach idea in.........GO WITH THE BULL WHIP!!!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »
The bull gets my vote !!!