Author Topic: Theming  (Read 15397 times)

sdcforever

Re: Theming
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 04:30:25 PM »
I love the Ozark Water Tree.  One of the best examples of SDC's great theming.  8)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 05:11:40 PM »
Unfortunately, for some reason I can't see your pic(s), Coaster.

I'm trying to organize a daytrip to SDC for sometime really soon. I'm thinking I might keep my camcorder at home, or I'll bring it, but not focus on videotaping this time around; I'll have plenty of opportunities this year (since I won those SDC passes, I plan on going as much as possible). So, I'm gonna try focusing on taking pictures (in between riding rides, of course, LOL) this time. Now that I have a digital camera and a 2gb memory card, I can get 630 pics at the highest size (6 megapixels). At 3mp, I can get 1100-odd pics, and at 1mp I can get 4400-odd pics.

So, I'm gonna be snappin' like crazy the next time I go, so I'm hoping to capture as many theming elements as possible.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 05:33:52 PM »
^Don't worry about it Joy. It's probably my fault you can't view the photos. I'm going to start putting it on the site like other people do, by uploading it onto Photobucket and then putting it on here.

I hope you have fun on your trip. All your photos and videos come out great so it will be exciting to see it.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »
Yeah, sorry about the forum photo issue, this forum system just isn't made for photo TR's or anything, which is why I wanted to get PHPBB, but this was a lot easier in the long run.

Eventually you'll all be able to just upload them to the main site yourselves though, so that will be much easier.

Can't wait to see your photos Joy.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 10:12:18 PM »
Yeah, I'd definitely go with Photobucket for now. I have three accounts on there. The first two were because at the beginning, PB didn't have a lot of space or bandwidth for a single account, so I made a second one when my first filled up. But now they've been adding space and bandwidth like crazy, even for the free members, so it's pretty great. My third account is dedicated solely to SDC so that I can keep things all in one place.

I can't wait to get down to SDC. I've been getting really antsy recently. I need a vacation, badly. And it's been an entire year since the last time I was at SDC, so it feels like I'm going through a kind of withdrawal. LOL

~ "Becky" Joy ~

sdcforever

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 04:16:20 PM »
^I know what you mean about SDC withdrawal, and it's only been 5 months for me! :)  I can't wait to see your photos!  Have a great time, and stay cool!  8)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2008, 11:03:10 PM »
Huh... I could have sworn that I'd seen the wheel of fortune near WF... When would it have been that it was moved?

Unless it is still there, which I cannot confirm right now, it would have been moved this past season

Ah, well, then that makes sense. Last time I was at SDC was last April. So, by the time I make it back down there, it'll have been an entire year since I've been there. One can imagine just how anxious I am to be there.

I can confirm that the wheel is still there or has returned.  Made a special trip over to that area of the park just so I could see if it was there -- took a picture for you Joy and I will try to get it online tomorrow (SUN) for you. :D
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2008, 12:26:27 AM »
:D Aw, thanks! I'm so glad it's still there. It's not exactly the most significant thing in the park, but it's just one of those things that makes your trip all the more fun.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

sdcforever

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2008, 05:44:07 PM »
I can confirm that the wheel is still there or has returned.  Made a special trip over to that area of the park just so I could see if it was there -- took a picture for you Joy and I will try to get it online tomorrow (SUN) for you. :D

That's great news for me too!  ;D  I love the wheel of fortune and was sad to hear that it might be gone for good.  We make special visits to it every time we're at SDC, so when we visit soon we can continue that tradition.  Can't wait to see the picture!  :)