Author Topic: Late To The Party...50th Swag!  (Read 7297 times)

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Late To The Party...50th Swag!
« on: April 25, 2011, 06:03:22 PM »
Living 1,300 miles away makes it difficult to just "pop" into the City whenever I want.  Even so, I was sad that I missed the big 50th event for the Employees since I was a Citizen for four years.   

Lo and behold though, look what I got in the mail from my Aunt June Ward today!!!!!  My world is complete!!!

You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Late To The Party...50th Swag!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 06:30:43 PM »
WOW!!  congrats!!   ;D

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 08:30:33 PM »
Well thats just awsome!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 09:32:50 PM »
(psst......somebody tell me what it is...it is like one of those dang 3D images from the early 90'syou had to stare at until you were pumb blue in the face....If you haven't figured it out....I see no photo!)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 09:40:30 PM »
see if this helps?

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 08:06:27 AM »
Nope, but I accessed it on an iMac with no problem. Aunt June is good to you beta!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 08:16:49 AM »
Beta Mike...on the left side of the photo you posted is a book with a big SDC logo in the middle of it. What is this item? Is this the "employees edition" of the memories book, somewhat similar to the Springfield News Leader version? How does it look and what all is in it?  I tried to no avail to obtain the employees edition. I was able to purchase the Springfield News Leader version, and I noticed when I was at Worldfest a few weeks ago that the book was being sold in some of the shops.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 09:20:10 AM »
Yes, Junior, that one was available in the employee's lounge.  I have one other version, as well  ;)
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 11:51:01 AM »
Just think if SDC had packaged this and offered to sell the set! IN fact I am sure it would sell NOW!!

something like, "Remembering the 1st 50 Years". with highlights from last year.

I'm in.!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 05:03:46 PM »
Tinmann620: Well, you know I've got to give this a shot...any chance you could find the other two versions of the 50th anniversary book, and any chance I could get copies from you?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
So I crashed after I opened my package, sorry I'm late in responding.   I have no idea why my photos don't play well with the site interface.   Thanks for the repost though!

Yeah, the big book is the Employee's Commemorative book.   It's got a lot of full color historical photos, packed with a bunch of bios on craftsmen and more geared toward the Citizen.  I haven't made it all the way through the comparison of the book I ordered from the Springfield paper, but I do see some new photos in it as well as some of the same.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 01:46:53 AM »
Both versions of the attached photo opened just fine for me (MacOS X 10.6, Safari)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 05:01:07 AM »
Beta..  what a treat for you.. I think it is obviuos to say we are all envious of you.  You must have made a very good impression on June!  your a lucky dude
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:05:54 AM by rubedugans »

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 02:53:52 PM »
Ok Betamike and Tinmann, or anyone else out there that could help: Let me try it again...anyone able to obtain the two alternate versions to the 50th anniversary book? I really would love copies. If you don't want to reply for all to see, just send a private message. Thanks!

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 05:28:45 PM »
Beta..  what a treat for you.. I think it is obviuos to say we are all envious of you.  You must have made a very good impression on June!  your a lucky dude

Well, she personally trained me and was grooming me to learn the candy business until (as she puts it), "That damn mouse called me up."   But, quite honestly, the title of "Aunt June" runs a lot deeper with her and my family.  She practically adopted me and my sister from the moment we set foot in the City.   She really is family  ;D

Junior, the copies you see here are all I have...not sure if the folks at the City have any others hidden or if I got June's copy or what.