Author Topic: Is it me or is the parking lot STILL confusing????  (Read 1864 times)

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Is it me or is the parking lot STILL confusing????
« on: April 24, 2011, 09:34:15 AM »
I know as they were constructing the parking lot I thought it was confusing. I hoped it had gotten better. I only went to SDC one time last year and that was by motorcycle so parking wasn't an issue, but I went last weekend and still get extremely confused by the parking lots... where to go, where to exit. I mean, I have been coming to SDC for nearly all my life (I'm almost 40) and never had issues with the parking lot until the changes a few years ago. I mean, even the entrance says one lane for parking and one lane for preferred... but once you get past the entrance, you have to get over to the right lane to park in the "Stop 2" area - which is only even remotely clear if you remember the old parking situation. And LEAVING the "Stop 2" parking area??? I mean, nothing is clearly marked. Thankfully I haven't left when there was a mass exodus from the lot as it's just so not clear where to exit. And again, entering the "Stop 5" lot... Headed into it you have 2 lanes, 1 says parking and the other says to 76 or something. But the parking lane is a through lane also... so people leaving the other lots could panic based on the signs and try to get over to the through lane when really they don't have to but it's all a blind curve so again, crowded situations just lead to chaos. Not to mention that AGAIN, the exits and how to get to them are SO not clear when leaving "Stop 5".

Am I the only one that is just totally confused by the layout? Maybe time will breed familiarity, but I would hate to be a newcomer and have to deal with all of it as it is just so confusing. I consider myself fairly intelligent (an engineer) and it really bothers me that I have so much trouble navigating the parking lots now. Is it just me? Like I said, I only went once last year but about 4 times the year before and mostly I spend the time trying to park or leaving cussing these days and it never used to be that way 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Is it me or is the parking lot STILL confusing????
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 09:40:08 AM »
yes that area is still very "busy"..  it seem like when we get there the orange cones are NEVER in the same place to help guide us..  It seems to be bad just in that 1 area.  otherwise i like everything else they tried to do.