Poll

What new coaster do you want to see for the 2009 season?

Hyper Coaster
0 (0%)
Inverted Coaster
4 (20%)
Gerstlauer’s Euro-fighter
6 (30%)
Wooden Coaster
9 (45%)
Boo, I don’t want a coaster!
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: New Coaster???  (Read 18761 times)

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: New Coaster???
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »
i guess i came up with a flub.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 06:14:34 PM »
How 'bout "The Ozark Manure Spreader"?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 11:20:12 PM »
sounds good since this has officially entered the "crap" section.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 02:38:15 PM »
Hay hay!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mike_kelly87

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 12:02:12 AM »
I would like to see 2 Major coasters:

1. A woodie built by Gravity Group
2. A B&M Flyer

Both of these would be so easy to theme. What sucks is the woodie would be better as Wildfire but oh-well. Build a massive out and back woodie with numerouse dips, dives, 90 degree banked turns, etc.. Second the flyer can go on the flying machine concept, I like the way the Vekoma restraints fit better and the fact you are laying down, but this following the flying achine theme would be awesome.

I think the woodie needs to be in a section where the petting zoo is, at least that is where I always heard the woodie would be if it were bult. I know they have to be careful about building, if you ever take the cave lamplight tour you will find that thunderation shut down part of the exisitng cave exploration.

I really think they need to get something done for ACE next year, ESPECIALLY since WOF who is co-hosting is getting a new woodie, not to mention the fact that I read an article where HFE promised more than enough coasers for the ACE members,

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 08:37:52 PM »
I would really like to see our own version of the Voyage too, I just don't want them to have to deal with the maintainence like HW has had to. Maybe if they went with a pre-fab? Another huge coaster would really boost the park out of this funk. However, I'm pretty sure they're set on getting a G-fighter, which is kind of unfortunate in my view. I'm sure they're planning to spend upwards of $17 million, just like MM at DW, when they could be spending that on something that would look truly spectacular like the aforementioned beemers and woodies.

Barreloflaughs

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2008, 10:57:00 PM »
I haven't seen any work on a new coaster, so I don't think that there's enough time to build one before next season. Everyone remembers how long it took them to build Buzzsaw or Wildfire. We had to watch all summer long as the areas were cleared and parts began to show up. Damn the anticipation! I'd really love to see a new wooden coaster though. I happened to look at a park map and it said a new ride was coming in 2010. I hope it's a coaster, but the spot it pointed to was pretty cramped.
Lost my leg on the Powder Keg!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 11:08:43 PM »
Welcome Barreloflaughs!

You might need to catch up a bit - try reading this thread: http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=150.375

We're currently watching them build a splash battle type attraction, but it's currently been delayed until 2010 due to the financial crisis.