Author Topic: Passionate or overdoing it??  (Read 62284 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: Passionate or overdoing it??
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 12:41:48 PM »
It turns out they are moving to be closer together, because he is getting paid more where he is. They are going to elope instead of having a full blown wedding.  :'(
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

MagnoliaWhisper

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2011, 09:06:37 PM »
They have a elopement package!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »
They have a elopement package!

I know, but I think they are going to do it after she moves, so it will probably be done there.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2011, 09:01:51 AM »
ordered a steamed apple juice at the coffee shop hopin it would bring me SDC memories!! It kinda worked and was pretty good stuff!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2011, 11:06:43 AM »
Picked up a couple of the SDC BBQ sauce packets after I was there Monday. Even McNuggets taste good with that sauce .(I know.... I'm a hopeless case)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »
I constantly catch myself calling Branson "home" even though I was raised 3 hours away from there and I don't technically live in Branson. Does anybody else feel that way, not just with Branson, but with other places even though you weren't raised there? Or am I just crazy?

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2011, 07:21:58 PM »
I have been coming to Branson since I was about 4 yrs. old.  Before that, my grandparents always took me fishing with them on Bullshoals Lake.  I won't say how long ago that was, but...Branson will always be home to me.  I can close my eyes and remember what it looked like 30 years ago.  I remember how long it took to get from Shepherd of the Hills to Highway DD.  I can hear the train whistle - my favorite "sound" to this day.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2011, 10:02:59 AM »
I was born in St. Louis and lived in the county for the first year and a half of my life (not that I remember much  :D).  In '66 and '67, we lived in Pontiac (on bull Shoals); from then till '72, we lived in Baxter (south of Kimberling City), going to SDC at least once/year.  From then till my sophomore year in college, we lived in St. Louis county again.

As far as I am concerned, however, the years on the lakes were the important ones, and I am most at home in Ozarks  (I can't stand being in cities).  I live near Rolla (still ozarks, if not deep in), now, but the greater Branson area (to co-opt a phrase) still feels like "home" to me.  Someday, Lord willing! I will return there to live.

In the meantime, the seaon passes this year go a loonnngggg way toward keeping me properly combobulated.

MagnoliaWhisper

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2011, 11:08:12 PM »
It is for sure home, I wish I could afford to move to the ozarks. I always feel so much better, not just mentally but physically.

I was sick as a dog when I went there a few years ago preggers with DD1. I told my husband I knew once I got there I would feel better, and I did. Something about the ozarks is VERY healthy for me. It's not just a mental thing for me it's something physically about the ozarks that is the place for me to be. Of course that's where my family is originally from, but moved to Kansas when there was no jobs left there. (about 60 years ago). I go and look at my family's grave yards (my family owns two grave yards there with generations of my family laid to rest there), and my family's old homesteads, and such and so yes it will always be "home".

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2011, 11:14:43 PM »
Funny you should say that!
Between the end of December to the beginning of April, I don't feel as "alive" or as happy as I do when I can take frequent trips to Branson. During the 'dead' months of Branson (when most of the shows are closed, and SDC isn't opened), we don't take hardly any trips. We're also recovering from Christmas bills. But the second I step out of the car when arriving in Branson, and inhale that beautiful mountain air, all those negative feelings I had for 3 months just disappear and I can start being myself again!  :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2011, 07:17:22 AM »
absolutly tiffany! I am always ready to go in march for spring break!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2011, 07:59:39 AM »
How about we get the Medical community to change the term of "seasonal affective disorder" to"Silver Dollar City Withdrawl"!!!!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2011, 09:03:11 AM »
absolutly tiffany! I am always ready to go in march for spring break!

The high school that I'm happy to say I graduated from, their spring break was always the middle of March, which I always thought was dumb, because Silver Dollar City isn't opened in the middle of March!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2011, 09:22:15 AM »
How about we get the Medical community to change the term of "seasonal affective disorder" to"Silver Dollar City Withdrawl"!!!

It’s funny you mention that because Silver Dollar City truly is my crazy pill medication! I go into the park all stressed, and trying to make sense of my hectic life. I leave feeling refreshed, relaxed, and rejuvenated. :D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2011, 10:01:38 AM »
And then, as pulling onto the 76 strip to leave, the severe depression begins!