Author Topic: SDC's 2009/10 Project  (Read 273332 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2009/10 Project
« Reply #465 on: March 31, 2009, 11:14:24 PM »
Looks like "RiverBlast" is the current working name of the project, according to this blog Q&A: http://www.silverdollarcityblog.com/momsblog/q-is-there-a-new-ride-at-sdc-this-year-2.html

Good to know we weren't barking up the wrong tree somehow these past few months. I'm still holding out for this project to blow me away.

In thinking about it more, I don't think HFEC could move Roaring Falls in place of RiverBlast if they wanted to, just because of pre-existing contracts that must exist. Plus, if they've got all the plumbing and land set up one way, how easy and expensive would it be to re-do it again another way? I dunno, maybe just my wishful thinking. I could actually see us getting a lot of CC rides soon, as they will probably dismantle CC and sell the land off. I think the Grand Expo will probably triple in size, and they may have to think up another area to use as an excuse for a ride dump.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 01, 2009, 10:58:23 AM »
I can see rides being distributed throughout HFE parks and being sold off. I can’t however see them selling the land CC sits on. Right now HFE is focused on protecting their company while the economy is in a down turn. CC may sit like it is for a few years, or things could go well and they may develop the land sooner they we think. The company is just being very cautious right now. I am not overjoyed about River Blast, but several pieces of the ride have already arrived, so they will not scrap this idea. I have seen the boats that will be used on the new ride they are already in Branson. I wouldn’t mind them including both River Battle and Roaring falls together as long as they cover Roaring's ugly supports with fake rock. That wouldn't be a bad idea.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #467 on: April 01, 2009, 03:34:48 PM »
Mutton Hollow/Branson USA/Celebration City seems to be a premium piece of land.  I could see it working through a ticket or token system instead of a one-price admission.  Poke a sit-down restaurant and a good show - or the high-class aquarium they've talked about, and that land can be productive.  The best rides should stay, but the cheapo rides need to be sold off - most of them aren't of the quality that HFE needs to be dealing with.

Plus, I'm still curious about that last survey about what we would be willing to replace and what we would mutiny over if they did replace it at SDC.  How does that figure in with plans for 2010/11/12?  Are they living in the moment at this point, or are they making concerted plans for future years?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 03:42:06 PM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #468 on: April 01, 2009, 03:44:22 PM »
I am not overjoyed about River Blast, but several pieces of the ride have already arrived, so they will not scrap this idea. I have seen the boats that will be used on the new ride they are already in Branson. I wouldn’t mind them including both River Battle and Roaring falls together as long as they cover Roaring's ugly supports with fake rock. That wouldn't be a bad idea.

Pictures or it didn't happen  :P
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 01, 2009, 03:51:27 PM »
Have been out of town. I might get pictures this week.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #470 on: April 01, 2009, 04:14:55 PM »
^Heh, mind you don't piss anyone off though. I'd hate to get the park mad at us for 'leaking' stuff. Of course, at this point they may not care.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 04, 2009, 05:12:53 PM »
Steve kinda mentioned this. Would Roaring Falls work/look better in the Grand Expo? I hate the idea of it going in the Midtown. It'd ruin the atmosphere, plus it'd be a huge downgrade from what they already had planned (at least we can assume). But, it might work in the Grand Expo, if done correctly.

I also don't think they'd put the "RiverBlast" and RF both in the Midtown. That has never really been HFE's style...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 05:13:36 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 04, 2009, 05:55:15 PM »
I enjoy a good water ride as much as the next- but we really need some indoor rides so in the case of weather- there are more options. The park need to structure itself to remain an attractive choice not so dependent on outside conditons.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 04, 2009, 06:39:06 PM »
Yes more indoor the better. I always thought they should do a Tom & Huck indoor theater like Heartsong at Dollywood. Also, some of the CC rides could be placed indoor around Wildfire and could be themed as Dr. Harris’ Contraptions. The Flying Carpet ride indoors as well as the Mixer would be fun. This could help complete the loop connecting Wildfire and Powder Keg and they could put the Eurofighter I want so bad above the waterfall… Just some ideas of mine.

Not the best video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXz6YNh9rBE

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 04, 2009, 06:54:29 PM »
^Hmmm...if done right, putting some of Celebration City's rides indoors would be a good idea. Whenever I read that, I pictured Cyclone Sam's at Worlds of Fun, which is actually themed pretty well, for WOF's standards.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 04, 2009, 07:09:10 PM »
Yah, I agree Coaster for WW it is pretty good. Having these rides would help on thoes rainy and cold days.

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 04, 2009, 10:15:10 PM »
Fire in the hole and flooded mine are great- but we need more indoor ride options. We could take a cue form Disney in this respect.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #477 on: April 05, 2009, 02:32:42 PM »
Yeah, but most of Disney's rides are essentially dark rides, and Disney has a theme that fits almost anything.  The rides at CC are nothing more than carnival rides and they don't fit at SDC.  At all.  Even with Doc Harris.  I don't want Doc Harris to be the dumping ground (excuse) for installing those old trailer rides.  SDC appeals to all ages, but these rides mostly only appeal to the kids.  Plain and simple, that's why CC isn't as successful as we'd like it to be.  Plus it'd be really loud to put those rides indoors.

Take a cue from Disney, though?  I agree.  I'd love to see some creative dark rides added.  They'd be easily themed and fun.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 02:34:26 PM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #478 on: April 05, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
Steve kinda mentioned this. Would Roaring Falls work/look better in the Grand Expo?

If they themed it to something like Pittsburgh Plunge then yes it would look great there.

SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #479 on: April 05, 2009, 06:13:51 PM »
^I agree.