Author Topic: SDC's 2009/10 Project  (Read 273604 times)

sdcforever

Re: SDC's 2009/10 Project
« Reply #435 on: January 17, 2009, 10:28:49 AM »
^Out behind the Happy Frogs toward Echo Hollow there is some expansion room.  That's where we were speculating a coaster could go before they announced the Splash Battle.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #436 on: January 17, 2009, 10:58:54 AM »
...and there is also the parking lot behind the RGHall
SWOOSH

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #437 on: January 17, 2009, 02:25:24 PM »
How bout Echo Hollow. It sits empty all day.
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 17, 2009, 09:44:46 PM »
Can't put it there because that is where I am going to put CC's water and laser show  ;D
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #439 on: January 18, 2009, 02:06:08 PM »
Can't put it there because that is where I am going to put CC's water and laser show  ;D

Oh, yeah!  I can't wait for that to go in!  When's the official announcement? ;)

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 18, 2009, 03:57:44 PM »
Is the laser and water show at stone mountain similiar to the one that was put in CC?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 18, 2009, 05:23:39 PM »
No.  The Stone Mountain one uses the carving on the side of the "mountain" and I do not think that the SM show has the water features.
SWOOSH

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 22, 2009, 10:15:40 AM »
is it just me or hasn't seem that over the past few years that Dollywood has gotten all the attention of HFE with all the new and more glamorous rides and attention, be it the celebraty name or the location.  It received a full hour special on the Travel Channel in the past two years.  They seem to advertize Dollywood to the world but SDC is left for the surrounding 200 miles. I have a friend that lives in Washington state that has seen ads out there about Branson, but he knows more about DW than SDC. Maybe they should concentrate ther efforts more on ther origins then picking up additional attractions ( WA,Aquariums, and Ducks.) SDC is amuch better family park then DW
SDC has always made a great past to remember

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 22, 2009, 12:04:33 PM »
Dolly DOES have the star factor. I think DW is showcased more for her namesake, rather than the park itself. They talked mainly if I remember correctly on the Travel Channel about her, her music, the parks music, her dressing room etc, Dixie Stampede, and then the park and its' rides. She is a good part of the attraction. I don't think SDC could compete with that as far as advertising goes without having a major celebrity.

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 22, 2009, 01:52:40 PM »
While does SDC not have their own special on the travel channel- many different theme parks do. I am wondering if they have to front the expense as it serves as an hour long advertisement for them?

crsjrr

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 22, 2009, 05:56:21 PM »
Yes, I have had concerns like oldsdcer.  Is SDC the crown jewel of HFE? Has has SDC been leverage,mortgaged or equity drawn off the property, profits used to fund other projects.  With the state of the economy it would be nice to know that SDC would always be safe and not suffer the fate that CC did.  That said, I understand that some of the properties have larger populations bases to draw from and cannot compare to the uniqueness of Branson.  I believe that most of us would like SDC to always be there and be owned by HFE. Hopefully the parking project is a start for new things to come.  I have always thought a SDC resort connected to the park would be great. Kind of like staying at a Disney property hotel.   Maybe something could be done east of the park and eventually connect the wilderness campground to a hotel resort to SDC.  Hotel guests could get early access to the park, maybe connect everything with a train or something?  Just a thought.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 22, 2009, 06:35:33 PM »
I even saw a Jeopardy promo on TV the other day that used DW as an answer.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

DocSpeleo

« Reply #447 on: January 24, 2009, 05:43:20 AM »
Marvel Cave was on Jeopardy in June 2008...

Known for being the deepest cave in missouri...
what is marvel cave?

something like that. lol

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #448 on: January 24, 2009, 02:42:49 PM »
DW does have a lot more mainstream celebrity status, largely due to the fact that there is still a lot of love out there for Dolly Parton. The park is also the biggest in the chain, and it does showcase the best of the Herschend's latest attractions such as Thunderhead and Mystery Mine, as well as some awesome new shows.

Back in 2001, DW was very much over-looked, while SDC was being pushed non-stop by HFEC, if I recall correctly. Once SDC gets back to installing big new rides, the cycle will probably push back in its direction for awhile. It's not like the chain is playing favorites though, it's just a fact that DW has more to show off right now, as well as more potential for growth and profit.

Anyway, back on topic, has anything else happened around the train tracks? Was that work earlier just for replacing ties, or are they doing more? Also, what's the hole status? Anything going on around there?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #449 on: February 08, 2009, 07:14:10 PM »
So, has anyone seen or heard anything more about the Balloon Chase? Is it still sitting in the back lot? I guess if they haven't started setting it up yet they've decided to wait till later. I'm very curious about what they will do with it.