Author Topic: SDC's 2009/10 Project  (Read 271601 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2009/10 Project
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2008, 11:49:15 AM »
^It's not physically possible for the tree house that I'm talking about to be incorporated that way. What you see in the concept art is a different tree house that is merely theming.

The current tree house can't really be fixed or moved at this point to my understanding, so it'll pretty much have to be torn down, and this would be the year to do it. The question really is whether or not they're planning to rebuild a new tree house type of attraction in it's place.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2008, 12:14:36 PM »
It's highly doubtful the current treehouse will be anything more than it is right now.  Unless it starts falling on people, I think it will remain as a walk-by attraction that no one thinks twice about.  I think the treehouse at the new ride will be small, inaccessible, and just one more thing at which to shoot water.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcforever

« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2008, 01:45:00 PM »
I'm a little confused by the concept art.  What is going on here?

Are those people on an island in the middle of the channel?  Or could there be another bridge or something out of view that they used to get to the fort, which the rafts would travel under?  Any ideas?

Are the people in the foreground on a raft or are they just spectators?  Are there two rafts on this ride at one time or just one? ???

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2008, 01:58:27 PM »
I would say that there is a bridge to the island fort that the rafts will go under.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2008, 08:41:11 PM »
I believe the standard is for there to be two rafts at a time, and I think the foreground shows the second raft.  That island looks a little small to support the kind of activity the picture shows.  I'd be surprised if the final project looks much like this.  Can you see 30 kids trying to get to that island at once?

Hey, remember how we were told there would be a huge project for 2008 and all we're getting is a fake building at the top of Echo Hollow?  Is this the other part of our 2008 project?  How long does it take to build one of these things?  And if it is, then does that leave the coaster card playable for 2009?  Would that be too weird?

The reason I ask these questions is that maybe they are trying to coincide the new ride with the opening of the new parking lot and road project.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 08:50:15 PM by History Buff »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2008, 08:58:52 PM »
Hmmm...I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You're saying that you think the ride project started early could be part of the 2008 project and that we could still get a coaster in 2009? The map and the fence at the park says the ride will open in 2009 though so I'd classify that as a 2009 project seeing as they're going to be doing most of their work in the offseason and on closed days.

Please clarify...
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2008, 09:02:53 PM »
I guess you're right about the dates on the map and fence.  I had forgotten about that.  It just doesn't seem like it would take that long to build a ride like this if the pieces were ordered a while ago.  Even though it's a water feature, I wonder if it might be in running order before Christmas.  I'm just trying to make things happen with the power of wishful thinking.

At the very least, couldn't they have the other rides relocated by then - if that's part of the plan?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:04:53 PM by History Buff »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2008, 09:14:30 PM »
^While it may not take long to build it is right in the middle of the park so it is kind of difficult for them to get all the parts and pieces to the spot on a daily basis. It's even harder to get the construction equipment in with all the people in the park. They'll be doing a lot of night work and such.

I do agree with you on one thing though. The other rides do need to be relocated before the end of the season. They're too popular to just sit there all season long behind a fence. Even if the ride is in working order before Christmas (which I doubt) it is a water ride so it would be closing in September or October anyways and I don't think it'll be finished by then.

I've been saying all along that I wanted a new coaster in 2009 but I think the Herschend's know what they are doing with this so that is good news. I just hope they don't put in any side games or crappy stuff like that. It looks like it'll be a pretty good themed ride and not the plastic version at Dollywood.

I still agree though--if at all possible we'd get a new coaster in 2009 I'd be ecstatic. Maybe they're letting it be a surprise and they won't start showing any signs until the offseason and they will debut two rides in 2009!

WISHFUL THINKING ALERT!

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2008, 09:20:50 PM »
Yeah - this would be a great diversion from their real plans.  Tom and Huck were always pulling schemes like this on people, so why wouldn't the Herschends?

I'm with you on the side games and junk that would take away from the ambience, and I'd like to see some characters in the area too.  They'd have to do a huge search to find adults who look like kids to play Tom and Huck, but I could sure see an Aunt Polly in there somewhere.  After all, she does have a chicken restaurant on the property, so she could take some time off from there to wreak havoc on children in the Landing.

I still think this is a huge traffic area, so I hope there will be some relief for that problem in the works, as well.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2008, 09:39:39 PM »
If you look back through the Construction/Rumors board of the forums you can see how much we were all betting on a new coaster next year. I guess we were doing all the guessing without any actual evidence...But we could still get a coaster next year! You can especially feel the pain in this thread:

http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=9.0

Also I wish SDC would update this page on the site with hints as to whats to come and all that:

http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/rides-attractions/ride_detail.aspx?AttractionID=117

Think of all the possibilites they could do with this. We don't even know if the Balloon Ride or the carousel are making a return somewhere else in the park for sure or not! There are a lot of questions. Even though we can see most of the construction we still don't know everything that is going on.

sdcforever

« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2008, 09:40:26 PM »
I don't think this ride is as easy to build as some believe, especially with it in the middle of the park.  They need to get all the plumbing and electrical in order, not to mention do some major overhauling of the landscape.  The area where they're building it has been supporting other things such as the Carousel Barn and the Balloon Chase.  They have to clear all of that out before they can do anything.  Also, the sign says Spring '09 for its debut, so it definitely won't open this season.

I do believe the Carousel Barn and Balloon Chase will be moved before long.  Copper said in the captions of the pictures of the new ride construction that they will be back online soon.

As for another new ride in '09, such as a coaster, I don't think so.  But maybe.  It's a possibility.  The only markers anyone has seen (as far as I know) are the ones over by the Expo, and I agree with Steve.  I think those are for the Balloon Chase and maybe Carousel Barn.  The only area I think the new coaster might go is out beyond the Giant Swing.  But maybe those markers by the Expo are for a new coaster.  We'll have to see.  It's interesting that they have the teaser fence up and the online map (I'm assuming also the physical map) marked for the new ride.  Yet there has been no official announcement.  Nothing.  Maybe they're waiting for the results of the concept survey so it'll have a name.  Or maybe they're holding their cards for an even bigger, two new rides for '09, reveal...

It'll be interesting to see what happens.  I wonder when they will make the official announcement?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:43:03 PM by sdcforever »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2008, 09:43:25 PM »
^Yes, it is on the map you get in the park also.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2008, 09:46:18 PM »
OK, so let's chase this rabbit:  does anyone want to make predictions about the new look of the old rides?  Becky's Carousel will need to be renamed for the Expo, but Skychase Balloons could keep its name.  I would hope they would be repainted for their new locations, and I look forward to seeing Expo signage for the queues.

DocSpeleo

« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2008, 09:48:24 PM »
I heard yesterday from a reputable source that the carousel is going into storage it will not be going up in the Grand Expo....

:-(

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2008, 09:48:57 PM »
^^We don't even know for sure if they are being moved. If they are the carousel could be kind of a centerpiece to the Expo like the teacups are. That'd be really cool....Or is there enough area for that?

I'd like the balloons to look the same just with new signage and all that.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:50:05 PM by Coaster »