Author Topic: SDC's 2009/10 Project  (Read 273353 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2009/10 Project
« Reply #330 on: September 22, 2008, 06:23:21 PM »
Did they drag that thing out of the forest? It looks like Frisco theming from 20 years ago.

Man, they have dug down, and it looks like they'll have to go even farther to get the full pond in there. Why did they spare that tree? Are they actually going to keep it somehow, or are they trying to transplant it?

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 23, 2008, 01:03:19 AM »
I believe that is the train that sat behind the carousel.  It was surrounded by a lot of vegetation, so if you weren't taking your kids on the horses for the thousand and first spin, you might have missed it.  My son loooves trains, and he pointed it out everytime he rode the bears and horses.

Just kidding about the kids and the carousel.  It really is nearly the only reason I go, just to hear them squeal with excitement.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #332 on: September 23, 2008, 03:21:17 PM »
Actually, the engine was displayed between the carousel and the depot, way up at track level.  They must have been digging pretty close and lowered it to the level in the picture to keep it from falling when the ledge it was on collapsed from a heavy rain.   :o

Is that the Henry Ford train?   ???

Man, they have dug down, and it looks like they'll have to go even farther to get the full pond in there. Why did they spare that tree? Are they actually going to keep it somehow, or are they trying to transplant it?

Yes, it is quite deep, and closer to the railroad track than I figured.  Passengers on the train should be able to spit and hit the Splash Battle from the train.   ;)

Just kidding about the kids and the carousel.  It really is nearly the only reason I go, just to hear them squeal with excitement.

My daughter is quite upset about her carousel being removed.  Her favorite horse, Princess, has been put out to pasture.   :'(
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 25, 2008, 10:51:51 PM »
Am I wrong about this,  but is it not a concern that if this is a splash battle with waterguns, that with Geyers Gluch and Splash Habor that this is too much of a water gun attraction in one area?  Why not bring back Ruban Dugan's Diving Bell in this area, now that was a ride everyone loved.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 25, 2008, 10:55:40 PM »
Another thought, if the people on the street can shoot at the riders, are we going to have to pay to do so.  If that is the case, then they need to fix the one's on the Lost river so that they work better.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

sdcforever

« Reply #335 on: September 25, 2008, 10:59:49 PM »
^All of our questions will be answered in about three weeks or so! :)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #336 on: September 26, 2008, 07:20:21 AM »
Another thought, if the people on the street can shoot at the riders, are we going to have to pay to do so. 

No.  Much like River Battle at DW, the guns "on the street" will be free -- think Splash Harbor
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #337 on: September 28, 2008, 08:59:03 PM »
Lots of new photos of the hole here -> http://www.sdcfans.com/gallery.php?g=14
Tell me if the photos are too big or take too long to load, I made them a bit larger than normal...

Looks like a lot of work has been going on. It won't be long till we see some actual piping/vert. construction. I actually heard some park employees talking openly to guests about the ride, so I hope that means the announcement is coming soon.

Also, I don't know if this was mentioned earlier this year or not, but they've really, really fixed up the inside of the Flooded Mine. Everything works really well now, it was great just to ride through it without shooting to take it all in. AP is looking sharper too, and I could have sworn I saw some new posters in TNT's queue. Lots of stuff has obviously been fixed up around the park.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:03:43 PM by shavethewhales »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 28, 2008, 09:30:29 PM »
^Just a Comment on the update: Frog Float was never a game.  It was always a free attraction.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #339 on: September 28, 2008, 10:15:49 PM »
Ah, curse my inattentiveness. It always looked like it had prizes hanging around it in it's old location. I never really wandered over there.

sdcforever

« Reply #340 on: September 28, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
^Thanks for the photos!  I'm really looking forward to the ones you'll be adding tomorrow night.  I've been wondering about that tree in the middle as well...I wonder what plans they have for it?  I really hope the River Fort stays somehow too.  OT:  I was reading your update (before looking at the photos) and you mentioned getting a meal for $11.66 and I knew you must have eaten at the Lumbercamp.  I love that place!  A really good meal for a cheap price in a theme park.  My favorite SDC eatery! :)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #341 on: September 29, 2008, 09:13:03 PM »
I was wondering today if maybe they're keeping that tree in place so that they can wrap the ride around it and build a little mock tree house in it like we saw in the concept art - it would be neat.

Anyway, OT, but the rest of the photos from last weekend are up in that same gallery. I actually had 126 photos, so I tried to just choose the best ones, but even then I had to add pagination to the galleries to hold everything.

sdcforever

« Reply #342 on: September 29, 2008, 09:59:42 PM »
^Thanks again for the great photos!  I hope you're right about the tree being incorporated into the new ride.

OT:  I also think those posters in the TNT queue look new.  Nice to see them touching up things around the park.  It was good to see photos of the craftsmen, homestead, and Wilson's Farm, as well as the cave.  My favorite photos are the one of PK's fireball and the photos of the cave.  Could you use the photo of the National Harvest Festival banner on the homepage of the main site?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #343 on: September 30, 2008, 03:46:36 PM »
Is anyone else missing the milk cow?  Has she been put to pasture?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 30, 2008, 06:46:49 PM »
Genesis (that's the cow's name) is having routine maintenance performed on her.
SWOOSH