Author Topic: Halloween  (Read 4873 times)

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Halloween
« on: September 10, 2007, 07:20:55 AM »
Is it just me or do you guys also think that sdc should get a halloween fest? It could be alot of fun and they could easily do up a couple of haunted houses like an abanded mine or something like that. what do you guys think?
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Halloween
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 03:40:28 PM »
No. Halloween is an over-rated and much-spoiled tradition that has been pretty much completely corrupted by large candy and horror corporations. SDC is supposed to be a lively and charming town, not a zombie graveyard. Remember, their biggest crowd is old foggies, thrill-seekers make a small fraction of visitors.

Personally, I hate the horror fests at other parks, they're always cheesy and I never see the point.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 03:58:26 PM »
it would still be fun though i think

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 04:01:59 PM »
Yeah, but as with most things, it'd have to be done completely different than most parks do it. I mean, it would be interesting to see something along the lines of a haunt, but certainly not a gore fest. Maybe if we ever get our own Mystery Mine, that area of the park can get haunted in some manner around Halloween while the rest of the park continues as normal.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 04:09:53 PM »
yeah thats what i mean not no gore fest just a couple of coll little haunted houses they can put together and mabey a haunted hay ride that would be cool espically in the backwoods.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 07:46:37 PM »
I think it'd be cool if they could have one specific area devoted to Halloween. They could have like a hay maze maybe? And citizens could pass out candy. Although it would be kind of cheesy.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 08:26:33 PM »
I think for any Halloween thrills in the Branson parks, you're going to have to look to CC. This year they will debut their answer to the Halloween festivities at other parks, and it sounds pretty nice, however child-oriented it may be. Free candy, hay rides, and games are all the things that are missing at normal park gorefests, but CC has them in full force.
Maybe in the next few seasons, they expand the festival and add some haunts. I'd really like to see what the Herschends can do with that, I'm sure it would be a lot funner and more interesting than seeing a bunch of fake guts be thrown everywhere.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 02:34:59 AM »
Yah, SDC would have to do something completely different than other parks. They couldn’t get away with chainsaws and blood; maybe something along the lines of a Victorian Halloween. It would be really vintage looking. I think the Christians who visit (which is a large number) might get angry if it’s not in “good taste”, and I wouldn’t blame them.

Disclaimer:
I am in no way putting Christians down. I just understand what might offend them.