Author Topic: Branson Food  (Read 37659 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Branson Food
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2010, 11:19:03 PM »
Don’t feel too bad. As a single bachelor, I know those microwavable meals all too well! However, in just six days I too will be enjoying some good old Branson cuisine!  :D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »
6 days....we will be headed down in 7 days....   driving down sat. nite.....  then going in for the last sunday of fall festival, and hopefully catch the GAC show one more time.  :)

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2010, 11:11:06 AM »
All of my favorites except Montana Mikes are at the Branson Landing

Cantina Laredo is the best food and SERVICE in Branson. Everything from the chips & salsas (both kinds), to your meal, to the amazing desserts (especially chocolate cake) is best in show. I don't even like Mexican food that much, but this place has turned me on to it.

Old Chicago Pizza is also amazing. The Italian Nachos are a meal in themselves, but I like the Meat Me pizza too. Kudos for serving Mountain Dew  :)

Orange Leaf is far and away the best frozen dessert around. Forget Andy's (I never thought I would say that). 12 kinds of frozen yogurt, 24 different toppings. You choose what you get and how much you spend, currently 45 cents per oz. (I usually get out of there for around $2.50, fully satisfied)

Montana Mikes (2 locations) I prefer the one on Hwy 248 near K-Mart, because it is closer to Springfield, and I don't have to deal with 76 or swinging back and forth between back roads to get to the one by the Titanic Museum. Great service and food. Again, Kudos for serving Mountain Dew. I know that Coke products are cheaper for restaurants, but I like to be able to get my "fix" when I am out and about.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:11:54 AM by Nate65807 »
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2010, 11:27:31 PM »
On my trip to Branson last week, my family, and I ate at Garfield's for lunch one day at the Branson Landing. Later that evening we were planning on dinner at Montana Mikes on the strip, but we got caught by traffic, and just decided to swing into Ruby Tuesdays for our steak needs.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2010, 03:19:12 AM »
we like yhe mexican food at hacienda.  and we hit old chicago at the landing..

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2010, 10:06:15 AM »
we like yhe mexican food at hacienda.  and we hit old chicago at the landing..

If you want authentic Mexican food, Little Hacienda and Case Fuentes are both the best AUTHENTIC Mexican food around.  And, a LOT cheaper than Cantina Laredo.  And, IMO, the salsa is better at both of those places as well.  But, I still love CL. The service and the view are unbeatable.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2010, 01:16:44 PM »
Cantina Laredo is a bit pricey for me, I am used to the prices from our local Mexican restaurants that are usually 1/2 the price of Cantina Lared0-My local Mexican is not in Branson, and does not have the smae real estate/ view...it is in an old Pizza Hut!

river rat

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2010, 03:48:49 PM »
I agree that Cantina Laredo is great food and by far the best service in Branson. We eat there at least once a month and have never had anything but great service. In a town with a lot of good food but lots of poor service, its the Gold Standard.

Joe's Crab shack is on the other end of the scale for me. 4 visits 4 very bad experiences!

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2010, 04:08:08 PM »
Had some of the worst service at Cantina Larado back in July.  It was so bad we will probably never go back there.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »
Had some of the worst service at Cantina Larado back in July.  It was so bad we will probably never go back there.

WHAT?!?!?!  You're the first person I've ever heard say that.  I bet if you did decide to try again, you'd find the service to be much better.  Maybe that server was just having an off day?!

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2010, 08:17:37 PM »
Yes, if you got bad service at Cantina Laredo, it would be a very rare occurrence.

To me, bad service there would be having an empty drink for 10 seconds. That has never happened, and I've been there like 25 times in 3 years.
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2010, 08:25:39 PM »
we like hacienda, good service...  and better yet we get a 10% discount with our motel key. that make fajitas for 2 less than 20.00!!  and you have leftovers to take back to the room>>>

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2010, 08:33:19 PM »
Which Little Hacienda do you go to?  The one in Hollister has OK service, but I wouldn't call it great.  But, it has a "local" feel to it, and the 10% local discount doesn't hurt either! ;)  You certainly won't ever see that at Cantina Laredo!  ::)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2010, 09:22:54 AM »
I love Mexican food but tend to eat so much it makes me ill, and who wants to be ill when they're on vacation

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2010, 09:29:20 AM »
i have been at the one in hollister, but frequent the one on the west side, just off 76..

i stay just acroos the the street and we get discounts at several of the eating places up and down the street.     

Last time we went to hollister, we had been to the college of the ozarks, and picked up a local paper, there was a coupon for 15% off at hacienda there. !!!.  Guess where lunch was that day.?