Author Topic: Recommendation for little ones  (Read 3233 times)

ateam79828592

• View Profile
Recommendation for little ones
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:52:42 AM »
We are heading to Branson and SDC for our first time over our spring break (first week in April).  We have a 10 month old DS, 2.5 yr old DS, and a almost 6 year old DD.  We'll be looking at the new HDH area but what other rides / attractions / activities do you recommend?  We hope to hit SDC on 2 days.  I have a season pass and BAFs (DH & DD) for the first day.  I'm hoping to find another BAF from my daughter to be able to go the 2nd day.

Thanks for your tips!! 

P.S.  We plan to hit the park at opening and go until the little ones crash - probably early afternoon.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Recommendation for little ones
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 01:27:41 PM »
Good plan to bring them at opening and stay til they crash.  I have found that they tend to crash sooner than expected though!  Especially the little ones.  Your 6 year old will be able to ride pretty much everything, if not everything.  Even your 2 1/2 year old will enjoy the rides down at Grand Exposition!  My 3 year old twins could ride the frog ride all day long!  I think we rode it 10 times last time we were there.  There is also a lady bug ride (he will ride it on his own) and a bugs and butterflies ride.  My kids also like the lost mine ride.  It can get a little loud for them, but they still enjoy playing with the "shooting guns."  There are special family restrooms that will help you out during that time.  The saloon is a great "downtime".  It gives you a chance to sit and it isn't too loud, so it won't be a big deal to take the baby.  And don't forget to take them down to Gyser Gulch.  They will love playing with the balls.  Make sure to take the hand sanitizer and don't ever buy water.  Get the free ones!  Have a great time!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 02:06:47 PM »
Germ-X (made in Missouri) is available everywhere in the park for free.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Destination SDC

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 02:33:46 PM »
We have been going to SDC since my son was 2, he is now 12.  We haven't been there in the spring time (only summer and Christmas), so I don't know what all is open at that time, but a couple of great places to stop by is the area by the church, school and barnyard.  It's a little quieter and relaxing if you need some down time, plus the animals are great for the kids.  We also started taking our son to see the shows when he was little.  It was sit down time for us, sometimes our son would fall asleep for a much need nap, but most of the times he enjoyed the shows and has developed an appreciation for the music and talent of the SDC performers, which isn't all that common for a little of kids today.  His particular favorites are Son's of the Silver Dollar and Pure Heart.  And don't forget the train - fun for all ages.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 03:26:34 PM »
Our kids enjoy the Homestead Pickers...They incorporate a lot of humor in their performances...Our two year old got to be the chicken in the Ghost Chicken song they do...He loved it...The nice thing about SDC is that everything there is kid friendly...Our boys do miss Splash Harbor and the Watertoboggin...
Colorado SDC Fan

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 05:45:02 PM »
I agree with the statement that kids like the Homestead Pickers.  They are the most entertaining group in the park.  You might also try to magic show - should appeal to all but your youngest.

ateam79828592

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 01:07:52 PM »
thanks for the tips!!  We are excited about the trip and checking out SDC.