Author Topic: 2011 Trips  (Read 4259 times)

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
2011 Trips
« on: February 21, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »
This is our first year to have SDC season passes and we have planned several short (2/3 night) trips throughout the year.
It will be me, my sweetie hubs and our 2 boys, ages 5 & 2.

March- Our first trip is opening weekend and we are staying 2 nights at Stonybrook Inn. The plans for this is to spend most of our time at SDC and also to be on the cheap, bringing our on food, splurging for Danna's one night.

April- The hubs and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary with 3 nights in a loft suite at the Keeter Center (CotO). We will visit SDC (World Fest) and also maybe hit The Landing, maybe trying Cantina Loredo, and end our stay with Sunday Brunch in the Dobyn's Dining Room.

June- Coming for 3 nights the first weekend of June, staying at Eagle Lodge. Wanted to bring the kids to Kid's Fest, but the schedule didn't work out. During the stay we also plan to Ride the Ducks and visit the fish hatchery. This will be another "bring our on groceries", be as cheap as possible, trip.

September- 2/3 nights the forth weekend, staying at Eagle Lodge. Visiting SDC during the Harvest Festival, and also may try Dixie Stampede this trip. We have never been before. Yet another "cooler full of bologna sandwiches" trip.

Thanksgiving- Last trip of the year. :( Staying at the Good Center/Keeter Center and having Thanksgiving Brunch in Dobyn's Dining Room. This will be our Christmas visit to SDC.

I love planning vacations, so having all these little trips to plan has been so fun! I would love to hear your feedback/opinions/suggestions about what we have planned so far.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
Re: 2011 Trips
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 08:23:59 PM »
I do the same thing. Plan several trips so we'll have something to look forward to while we're waiting for the season to start. Don't know much about any of the places you're staying at since we usually camp, but I know all about the "cooler full of bologna sandwiches". We have 4 kids, 3 of them teenagers, so meals out can easily hit $50 each. I try to allow $10 per person per day for food/snacks/etc. at SDC then the rest of the time we eat back at our campsite. I haven't tried bringing meals into the park although I've seen people do it but I usually pack some crackers, apples, oranges, etc. in my backpack to cut down on some of the impulse food buying. Staying in our pop up helps a lot too, it's probably not as nice as a hotel or lodge, but $20 per night vs $75-100 affords us a lot more opportunities to go that we otherwise wouldn't have. Have a good time.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 08:26:20 PM »
nice schedule. sounds like a plan..

Keep in mind that all the rooms at eagles lodge have a fridge and a microwave.

They also have a continental breakfast which includes, waffles,cereal,usually cinnamon rolls,bread/toast, coffee, milk.

These little things should help you cut some costs!

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 01:12:44 PM »
We are gearing up for our next trip Monday, May 30 - Friday, June 3. We are staying at Eagle Lodge for the first time and also in the plans are Ride the Ducks on Monday, and Noah on Tuesday. The hubby and I saw it a few years ago but this time we are taking our boys, 5 & 2, since it is the last season. And of course, hitting SDC as much as possible! I'm hoping the crowds will be low, especially Tuesday-Thursday. Arkansas school will not be out yet, due to snow days, not sure about MO or OK.

I also wanted to apologize for not posting any pics from our last trips but I do have them up on Facebook and you are welcome to friend me and have a look. Just be sure to say you are from the SDCfans when requesting so I know you are "okey-dokey"!

My profile page - https://www.facebook.com/mandytg

SDC trip in March- https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150107644610964.276217.659205963

Anniversary trip in April (minimal pics of SDC, lots of Keeter Center pics) - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150149161175964.281998.659205963

Christmas 2010 - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.463643035963.250116.659205963

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 02:43:44 PM »
well darn, mandy. I will miss you guys at the lodge. i wont be getting there until sunday the 5th.  was hoping to meet up. have a good weekend!

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 09:28:19 PM »
well darn, mandy. I will miss you guys at the lodge. i wont be getting there until sunday the 5th.  was hoping to meet up. have a good weekend!

Well, bummer!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 08:20:23 AM »
My family will probably be there at Eagle's lodge Tuesday and Wednesday. I have the whole week off but I have to call it a working vacation. I have gigs at the PRCA rodeo in Bennington Kansas the next Thursday, Friday and Saturday

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 03:34:52 PM »
My family will probably be there at Eagle's lodge Tuesday and Wednesday. I have the whole week off but I have to call it a working vacation. I have gigs at the PRCA rodeo in Bennington Kansas the next Thursday, Friday and Saturday

Hope we run into each other! Will you be at SDC those days, too?

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 07:11:47 AM »
yes. We will. Tuesday and Wednesday I will be in the city all day and I will be staying at Eagle's Lodge both nights.

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 10:27:44 PM »
Mandy I tried to see your pictures but the content was unavailable since we are not friends on facebook.  I did send you a friend request but I have not heard from you yet.    For now I live through the pictures of others.  I hope to get there in September but we will see.