Author Topic: So...where do you go first?!  (Read 11003 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: So...where do you go first?!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 02:04:52 PM »
oooooooo good question. its really up to my kiddo, so ya never know. most likely "his area" for what seems like eternity. He isnt fond of that fangled ball pit tree house area.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 09:38:31 PM »
OH History Buff??  your a funny individual!!!!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 11:11:29 AM »
We go to Sullivan's Mill first to get a loaf of cinnamon bread to share while we look over the show schedule.  Then if the first show we want to see is in the Opera House, we head over to that area of the park to ride FITH and hubby might ride Powderkeg or Wildfire before we get in line for the show.
If the first show we want to see is at the Boatworks, we'll go ride TNT and/or Flooded Mine.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 11:14:16 AM »
FITH - PK - WF - TGS - and then work my way around stopping at shows as I feel like it.
SWOOSH

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »
That cinnamon bread is one of my favorites, too. Usually an afternoon snack for me. I got the last loaf of the day last time I went!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 01:04:13 PM »
My parents always rode the Train and FM right after we got there. I think I might try PK first when I get there next time.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 01:16:45 PM »
As soon as the chains drop on opening day we always want to be the first riders on TNT for the year.   Most other times of the year we head to FITH.  Of course we are there an hour before the park opens so we can go eat at the mill and see the opening and flag raising...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:27:43 PM by oklaSDCfan »
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 03:18:46 PM »
I have a feeling that HDH will change everything we have ever done in the past. 
We have always "gone right" after the flag raising and previously we were going to straight to GE since those are the rides they can do I doubt we make it that far on day 1. 
We let the kids decide for the most part and just guide them through the day so we get to see everything. 

I am really going to wish that there was a measuring station somewhere else now.  It would be awesome to have one in the lace shop (former) now in addtion to the one in GE.  (go to HDH, get measured, choose what ride is next, etc.)
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 03:30:08 PM »
with the heigth limitation, and with the emphasis for the kids area. They very well may put one in at HDH. I am sure if PTB think about it they will do so.

Lets hope so for all you folks out there with kids..

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »
They really need to add another bathroom in that area.  With the kids congregating in that area and the only restrooms are the small ones up at the Thunderation.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 07:55:12 PM »
because of plumbing that would be needed , I dont think you will see that happening.

Destination SDC

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »
Generally we will walk around the square and take in the atmosphere, hit the taffy shop, stop in the church and maybe a quick trip to Grandfather's mansion and look around for Terry, our son's favorite person there.  Unless it's OTC and it's a Dicken's day - on that day we high tail it down to the opera house.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 02:38:19 PM »
We talked a bit about routines when entering the park on this thread...
http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=650.0

Since then we changed our routine a bit, we still head towards the apple butter shop, now in its new location, and then head towards the old location of the apple butter shop, and continue on our old route from there

cocodane3

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2011, 11:42:18 AM »
First thing befor the gates open is the apple butter shop for a hot apple turnover.After gates open i head to Sullivans Mil for hot cinnamon bread after that its off to the Frisco Silver Dollar Line FITH FM TNT LRotO and AP and maby the saloon show.by then its time to chow down on a Family Fued from Buckshot Annies.then its all to the wind.

sarahdickson

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 01:10:32 PM »
It depends on how early we get there. sometimes we go to the flag raising. we always head right tho. usually make a stop at browns candy factory then maybe stop at a shop or two along the way, but our first destination is Grand Expo. This year our kids are looking forward to HDH so Im sure that will be where we head towards :) then when they get there fill of that we will go to Grand Expo. and Im sure we will spend at least 2 or more hours there then food finding time :) then we will let the adults ride some of the bigger rides, I get to set all the bigger rides out until after May though, cuz Im "expecting" ;D