Author Topic: So...where do you go first?!  (Read 11007 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
So...where do you go first?!
« on: February 19, 2011, 05:08:46 PM »
Hey gang, I know there are many of you that cant wait for the gates to open and are hyped and clicking your fingernails on the table. My question to you is....where are you headed first?? I mean as soon as you get two feet into SDC, where are you headed?? Are you like a football coach and script your first fifteen plays into first several places in order? Or do you get to that one thing you couldnt wait for and then improvise from there.

And....and....(wait for it.....wait for it.....)  BEGIN!

I think I will hit the Flooded Mine first when I return! I only pick it over FITH because I like the relaxing water ride.
Andymeets1880s

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Re: So...where do you go first?!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 05:12:07 PM »
I honestly stay up on the square and walk slowly around the area.  Even though I used to be a Citizen, I still get so immersed in the themeing (oustside of Kids Fest of course) that I just pretend that I am just rolling out of my bunk and seeing what the town is up to...."hey!, what are all these new-fangled motorized personal horse-and-buggies?"
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 05:42:37 PM »
1st thing? 1st day?

Taffy shop!  couple of freebies to get started..
Raising of the flag.
HDH of course.
While i am in the area flooded mine..
Probably head ot the other side to check out the new food stand, and
       the plunge.
after that just walk around and enjoy the park.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 05:48:32 PM »
No plan...we just take it as it hits us.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 05:52:09 PM »
That's the way we are.  After the flag raising, sometimes we head left, sometimes we head right.  Kind of depends on which way the crowd is heading, then we go the opposite direction!  Gotta watch the knife maker though....certainly a must do early on in my book.  The smell of coal, the ping of the hammer, and then it hits.......the sound of the train whistle!!!!!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 06:30:43 PM »
And ray will be there for spring break!  here is a list of craftspeople that will be there in march...

http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/craftsmen/Default.aspx

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 08:54:46 PM »
Hospitality House to see any new merchandise.
Smoke a cig & go down to where all the cedar wood chips are check out the ol' buildings around there.
Enjoy opening ceremonies. "The park is now open!!"
Walk, smile, laugh, look, smell, reminess, down cardiac hill till ya get to the left turn that goes to Powderkeg. Then FITH. Then.. plans are scattered from there....
Live life like it's the last day!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 08:03:39 AM »

Powder Keg, following that up with FITH and working my way around.
I go often and don't really hit the water rides.  I have picked up a new habit, that is the rootbeer float up at the ice cream parlor.
Cant get enough.  :)

pintrader

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 08:31:32 AM »
I head directly to the HH to purchase a few trading pins for the day, you never know if the citizens might be wearing some pins I don't have.  I then go wandering around the square until opening ceremonies begin, which is my favorite thing to do at SDC.  I then go to FITH and usually ride a couple of times before the lines start.  After that it's like blind man's bluff,  I have no idea where I am going.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 09:49:17 AM »
I usually start by walking past the blacksmith forge, on across the toll bridge, check out the flooded mine and train, and make a loop back around to Grandfather's Mansion. Then, down Hill Street past the lumbercamp and saloon, into the Riverfront area down to Lost River, and make the loop back around to flooded mine. After that, anything goes!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »
We either hit the Mill for breakfast or go to the Apple Butter shop for a piping hot apple turnover. Dad, boyfriend and I ride a ride, usually Wildfire, and then we walk around the Main Square for awhile because we go during the Harvest Festival. I like to go to the General Store and talk to the postman. I just like to look at the mailboxes. I'm thankful that my family is very patient with me because the majority of my time at SDC is spent just looking at everything.   :D I could tell you my whole day's events but, Andy, I'm sure you'll start that thread in a few days.  ;)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 12:37:40 PM »
We hit the big thrill rides at rope drop right after opening ceremonies.  We usually do Wildfire first, sometimes more than once.  If Powder Keg is open, we do it next.  The Giant Swing is usually next.  Then we may do Lost River, especially in the summer.  It seems like we are usually ready for a show in the Opera House about that time.  Sometimes lunch is at the Rib House before or after a show.  The idea is to get to things that develop a long line first.  After the big rides and the biggest show, we walk around the rest of the park to shop and do other attractions.  We hardly ever wait in a significant line for something anymore.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 12:48:26 PM »
So much "hitting" going on:  we hit this, we hit that.  Can't we all just get along?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 01:10:10 PM »
You know I forgot the " First " thing I do when I get to the city is to walk through the first Bakery right after the
turnstyles.  Rarely do I start the pig out at that point but I do love to smell and look.

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 01:48:24 PM »
Oh yes. I love how the bakery smell smacks you right in the face when you walk through the gates.