Author Topic: Will I be able to ride?  (Read 6926 times)

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Will I be able to ride?
« on: February 18, 2011, 03:04:28 PM »
Hey guys! This is an embarrassing question, but I would rather ask here than find out at the park. I am pretty overweight, and I was wondering if I would be able to fit in the rides? We went at Christmas and I rode the flooded mine, train, etc., but I was specifically wondering about American Plunge, Fire in the Hole and the Lost River. I don't care about the big roller coasters, but I do want to ride some rides with my son.
Any opinions/experiences to share?

Thanks for all your help!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Will I be able to ride?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 03:57:37 PM »
You shouldn't have too much trouble on the American Plunge or the Lost River, as neither ride actually has restraints to speak of. FITH might be a problem though. There's no test seat for it either, so there's no way to tell if you'd fit unless you waited in line and tried.

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
You are welcome  ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 06:10:17 PM »
Mandy , welcome to the site. And as you can already tell. We are here to help IF possible, If the members here dont have an answer, We can find one.  Enjoy!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 10:03:19 PM »
I'm 5'3" and around 240-ish pounds. I can fit on all the rides, including the tighter ones like Powderkeg and the Giant Swing. Dunno if that helps at all....

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 10:15:22 PM »
Well, I wear a size 26W right now. Hopefully that will be down a size or 2 by our trip. I did have to do the "walk of shame" off the kiddie coaster when I tried to ride with my son. That mortified me into not trying anything else that I wasn't for sure about for that trip. My husband is a skinny thing, so he could ride with the kiddos on the things they wanted to ride.
The link at the website makes it seem like I should be fine on FITH, Lost River and the American Plunge, plus the others I already know about. I'm not worried about the roller coasters, really, although I do like Thunderation, but it was a tight squeeze 8 years ago, before I gained all the weight.

Thanks for all the help!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 11:38:58 PM »
Oh, I hate Thunderation. I fit on it, but the molded seats mean that if you don't have the exact width of butt that they're molded to, you're gonna be uncomfortable.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 08:57:25 AM »
I weight 200 and am 5'10 and my a$$ is too wide for Thunderation, when it comes time they need to remodel those seats. it is a tight ride for all adults I think.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 09:31:57 AM »
Mandytg- I hope you have a good time despite the walk of shame you mentioned. My mommy wasnt the skinniest in the bunch and couldnt ride rides with me when I was young and I was sorely dissapointed but as I got older it wasnt what she couldnt do it was what she did do that I remember the most. I truly hope you get to ride all of the rides with your kiddos and we are always here to answer questions or provide information. Everyone here is great about that. Again I hope you have a splendid time.

-Missin
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 03:12:41 PM »
Well you have agood time when u get there!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »
FITH is a bench seat with just a bar that comes down, so I don't think you'd have any trouble. As others have said the Lost River and American Plunge shouldn't be a problem either. The coasters though are another matter. I'm about 6' 2" and 250 and I don't think I could fit in Wildfire or Powderkeg if I was any bigger. It's a pretty tight squeeze now. I know you said you weren't concerned about them, but thought I would mention it anyway. Good luck and enjoy your trip. The great thing about SDC is you spend an entire day there and never ride anything and still have a great time.

BTW, Welcome!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:19:11 PM by thelarsonsix »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 06:34:24 PM »
larson, you are 100% right.. And that is a good point!  I spend many a days walking, checking the shopping, watching the crowd, actually watching the rides and never get on one...  although the flooded mine is so casual and smooth i seem to end up on it at least once.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 07:07:19 PM »
I have seen employees trying to fit a person onto FitH and have to tell them they couldn't ride.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating