Author Topic: Cheerleading Squad At Six Flags  (Read 3440 times)

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Cheerleading Squad At Six Flags
« on: March 19, 2008, 10:04:07 AM »
Over at Screamscape, they're reporting that Six Flags is putting together a cheerleading squad that will travel to the different parks and do cheers and stuff.  The Screamscape editor did not seem very thrilled by this.  I guess I beg to differ.  Six Flags is trying their darnedest to give people a reason to return to the park.  They're messing with ideas such as fireworks, super-hero parades, some pretty good shows, Tony Hawk Tour, Concerts, and now Cheerleading Squads.  This new idea could work. 
I was flipping through the ESPNs a couple of Sundays ago and the cheerleading national championships were on.  I kind of liked it.  It may not be enough to actually draw me to the park, but it may be enough to give me an extra sense of connection to the park once I am there.  Example:  I still remeber watching craftsmen put together a pavillion that took no nails during a festival at SDC.  Was it why I went to SDC?  No.  But it was interesting and it has stuck in my memory as something interesting that I saw one time.  If I was at Six Flags and saw people being thrown around and turning their bodies into explosive formations, I could see it as something that would stick in my mind as interesting.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Cheerleading Squad At Six Flags
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »
Bleh, another cheap try by Six Flags to get people to come.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 02:58:50 PM »
"Another cheap try by Six Flags to get people to come" combined with six coasters being built throughout the chain in one year. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 04:32:53 PM »
Meh, it is a welcome attempt to brighten the parks up, but it's not the kind of thing that people like me would appreciate so much... It just doesn't have the same charm as the random novelties at SDC and DW.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 11:32:04 AM »
You can see cheerleaders on ESPN and at the high school football game.  To see a building built without nails, you'd have to go....where?  To Silver Dollar City!

Six Flags used to be about the six countries.  Now the Six Flags name is really meaningless.  They should change it to....what?  Looney Tunes and Marvel Flags?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating