Author Topic: Check Out The New Site  (Read 24953 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Check Out The New Site
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2008, 07:27:52 PM »
^Indeed, I still haven't worked out the many IE6 bugs, so anyone using IE6 or below will hardly be able to even use the site. I plan to eventually work those bugs out, but it's not really worth the time right now.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2008, 08:45:20 PM »
When will all the user features be available? I'm not trying to rush you or anything just wondering.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2008, 08:53:25 PM »
I really don't know. I've been hoping to at least get the user editorials feature going, since it's the most simple, but I haven't had time to figure out how to implement an interface on it so that an average user could use it easily enough. Maybe I'll get it done next week, but I've got some other personal projects to do first.

As for the other stuff I mentioned a long time ago, some of it will come out in a test version in a few weeks, and will be improved upon when I re-do the site one more time over the summer. I won't even be able to start on most of that until the start of June though, as I've got my next two weeks filled with work, and then a Cedar Point trip after that.

Tch, this is why I want to get this site to the point that it pretty much runs itself - I just can't be around to work on it all the time, and there are times when I can't work on it for long stretches at a time.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »
If you need any help on the site be sure to ask. I don't know much about HTML or whatever you run the site on but I can pretty much help with anything else like writing stories or whatever you need.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2008, 11:59:13 AM »
Have they taken care of the bugs in IE7 (the software not this website)?  That's why I use Firefox at home instead of IE, when we downloaded the beta version it screwed everything up.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2008, 04:39:07 PM »
^Well... they've fixed it as much as they will fix it. There's still numerous problems with IE7's CSS implementation and support, but it's light years better than dealing with IE6. The world will breath a sigh of relief when IE8 rolls out, though that will mark the end of a lot of my business... :-\

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2008, 09:04:22 PM »
Hey - here's some good news: I figured out what was keeping me from implementing the user articles feature. Unless something comes up, I'll probably be able to get that feature up and running this week, and the old articles from the last site version will be back up as well.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2008, 10:33:00 PM »
I finally got the user articles feature back up - so if you feel like writing something for some reason, check it out. Look in your profiles for a link that says "write an article". If no such link exists and you want to write something, contact me.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2008, 09:43:27 AM »
It looks very good Steve.  ;D

What does the Active button do?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2008, 12:12:42 PM »
The active setting determines whether it actually shows up on the site or not. So don't set it to be active unless you are done with it.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2008, 03:07:41 PM »
Ahh, I see. I bet there will be a lot more articles now that that is put up.