Author Topic: Check Out The New Site  (Read 24940 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Check Out The New Site
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 08:31:33 PM »
Woohoo! This is going to bring this site to a whole new level. How exciting!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 11:44:21 PM »
The front page is messed up in IE.  I haven't had time to check Firefox.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 11:17:21 AM »
^IE6 you mean? Yeah, I'll wait for awhile to get to IE6 bugs. People really should just upgrade, I'm tired of dealing with that crap.

sdcforever

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 01:49:30 PM »
The site looks great!  It'll be exciting when all the upgrades are complete!  I registered as a new member for the site, but couldn't find a logout feature on the homepage once I was logged in.  No biggie, just not sure if I'm not seeing it or if that feature hasn't been added yet.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 06:33:20 PM »
^I had actually forgotten to add one.

By the way, there will be loads of random style changes going on for a while. You'll notice I chose to use a free template to save time, which turned out to be a big mistake. I've pretty much had to go back in and change all the styles myself.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 07:06:33 PM »
Yeah I think it will look a ton better once you get everything upgraded and set. Because right now, that stupid test thing and then that jibberish underneath it on the home page is really annoying me! But I'll be patient....

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 10:41:12 PM »
It looks a-okay on my Firefox 3 Beta 5.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2008, 09:46:03 PM »
So right now there's more stuff messed up than ever before, but I just don't have time to sort it out right now. I just need a couple of productive hours and I'll be able to fix pretty much all of it, but I doubt I'll get any free time at all between now and this weekend. I've got a big project, plus random other oddities filling my time. I just spent the better part of tonight chasing down a huge brush fire near my family farm, only to find that it was out before I got there.  ::)

Anyway, at least the site is still navigable.  :-X

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2008, 03:24:48 PM »
Has anyone had any trouble leaving comments on news stories? In fact, how does the whole logging in deal sit with everyone? It seems pretty pointless now, but it does cut down on all that spam, and eventually you'll be able to do a lot more when logged in.

Btw, I'll probably get the rest of the upgrade knocked out tonight, depending on whether I go somewhere or not. If I don't, I'll get it done tomorrow.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2008, 03:25:13 PM »
Yeah the logging in thing will be pretty cool once it all gets worked out but right now it is kind of pointless, besides just commenting on news articles.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2008, 09:35:07 PM »
I got the rest of the content up, though there's still work to be done with the old galleries.

I've still got a bunch of random little things I'm going to add, but I think the site feels pretty solid right now. I'll get that user articles feature up this week hopefully; I just need to get a good text-editor hooked up to it, as I'm sure most of you don't want to fool around with having to use HTML tags with your writings.

I'm going to put a hold on the whole ride/shop/eatery rating and review system for now though, as it will take a lot of work and re-doing of the CMS structure. It will be a big part of the next big upgrade though, which will come out this summer. I will be getting the user photo galleries feature up in the next few weeks though.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2008, 10:13:47 PM »
I realize there are a few things around the site that need to be fixed, such as IE bugs, but I just don't have time to work on it right now, and probably won't for a good while. Eventually I'll get some time to really knock out a bunch of stuff, but I'm really buried in work right now.

sdcforever

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2008, 09:01:23 AM »
^That's okay, Steve.  The site looks really good.  I'm sure I can speak for most when I say that I'm pretty patient.  I know the updates and upgrades will be worth the wait.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2008, 09:22:10 PM »
So I took care of a couple minor IE7 bugs that were annoying me, but I haven't had time to do anything else yet - and it looks like it will still be awhile before I can get back on it. I'm going to be hardcore busy for the next couple of weeks, so I may not be on here that much and there probably won't be any news stories for awhile unless there's something major that happens. Still though, there's always light at the end of the tunnel: by June I should have a lot more time to finish this site version - and more importantly, get started on the next. Yeah, I have some big plans for the next version, as always, but this time I want to go one step farther and actually bring some of Branson to the site. I'll be throwing some pretty crazy ideas at you guys later when I get more time to research their actual feasibility.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 07:13:42 PM »
I just upgraded to IE7. It makes the site look A LOT better (I haven't looked at the whole site but the homepage looks awesome.) I don't know what old IE version I had but it looks a lot better and is a much cleaner web experience now.

Upgrade if you don't have IE7 eveyone. It is the way to go.  ;D