Author Topic: 1975 Brochure  (Read 13232 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: 1975 Brochure
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 07:58:40 PM »
An ad from the Wilderness Settlement (specifically the Wilderness Store and the Corn Crib Theater)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 08:05:19 PM »
Can you elaborate on the Corn Crib Theater?
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 08:10:55 PM »
This brochure is from 1971...

Condensing what we have on the site...

It was between where the Blue Bayou Inn and Jim Stafford Theater are located, and across from the Lodge of the Ozarks.  There is a T-shirt place that sits on the location now.

Below is a link that outlines mush of the information about the Corn Crib Theater.
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:Wca-UkitnNQJ:www.ozarksmountaineer.com/CornCribTheatre.pdf+Shad+Heller&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjOCKxYiF8KfcAViKhToN0lUShUe2XT0pNHmLJ65rvNEWgnLI5lOI_IybLU1KprmL458OIfgh_wvLQtJbcYzhZc6AWoxaa-8W6-3dn-jS6U4r9JuEdudrhLtjPjLwpfAp3kW4U7&sig=AHIEtbQDkM-Lnmfk_g9N2vKET0k6CLTmKA

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 08:23:19 PM »
Some good reading there Rube, thanks. I also noticed the brochure says "4 miles west of Branson". How times have changed.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 07:41:20 PM »
The writer of the Toby Show article is the daughter of my Branson High School Drama teacher, Kurt Larsen. Dawn Larsen is now a college professor, and when she was active in the Branson entertainment scene (same time I was) she worked at the old Lost Silver Mine play, and I think she also was involved with the Toby Show and maybe Shepherd of the Hills in some capacity. A very good gal, who prowled the halls of high school at the same time I did.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"