Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175040 times)

Jaykethekid

• View Profile
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #345 on: January 20, 2020, 08:00:46 PM »
It's also worth mentioning that the old abandoned hotel to the north is being leveled and completely removed. Local permits show that it is indeed Six Flags and Frontier City who are doing the work. On top of the boneyard cleanup, it seems that they are extremely interested in freeing up as much land as possible. What they're gonna do with all the land the own is beyond me. But i wouldn't be shocked to see some parking expansions in the park's future. The main lot was filled for most of my visits to FC this year, so its a reasonable expansion for them.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 27, 2020, 11:27:20 PM »
Going to a off season tour of the park this coming Saturday.  Going to ask a lot of questions with all the work I saw going on in the park the past few months.  So much work everywhere that I have a lot of questions to ask  this weekend.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #347 on: February 01, 2020, 08:40:54 AM »
Now that this park is part of SF I plan on stopping in on my way down to Texas for spring break.  Excited because it’s been awhile.  What’s the best place to eat at in the park? I having SF Dining. 
SWOOSH

Jaykethekid

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 03, 2020, 12:37:17 PM »
As far as food goes, you have a lot of options around the park to choose from resturaunt and stand wise. But unfortunately, every resturaunt seems to sell the exact same food. Chicken Tenders, movie theatre style nachos, frozen burgers at some places etc. Usually when i visit, i just eat outside of the park because the choices are very poor in park.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 03, 2020, 11:16:22 PM »
As far as food goes, you have a lot of options around the park to choose from resturaunt and stand wise. But unfortunately, every resturaunt seems to sell the exact same food. Chicken Tenders, movie theatre style nachos, frozen burgers at some places etc. Usually when i visit, i just eat outside of the park because the choices are very poor in park.

I was thinking Saddlerock Cafe.  They have pulled brisket sandwiches
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 09, 2020, 07:48:02 PM »
I recently joined up with the Oklahoma Coaster Club to attend Frozen Frontier.  I Learned stuff about what Frontier City does in the off season. Some photos I can't share because Six Flags has certain rules when rides are being worked on during the off season. They like to have a pristine image and I don't blame them it's more fun when you see the park in a complete state then in a construction project mess. The amount of work that is being done is impressive in all areas of the park. 60 year old park it needed a lot of infrastructure work this season. That is the big reason there was no Big 2020 attraction announcement. The capitol funds are being spent to upgrade the property. These upgrades will pave the way for those larger attractions and a longer operating season.

Some questions were answered first off Testing of Gunslinger is expected this week. The ride is expected to be open during Spring Break. Also the same for Sheldon's Balloon Race in Timbertown. Renegade Rapids is getting work in the Theme areas as well as electrical upgrades. Same with Prairie Schooner and Sidewinder. Sidewinder is also getting some cosmetic updates. There was a lot of noticeable changes you will see when the park opens for the season as you walk around the park.

Diamond and Diamond Elite will not have a lounge area like the larger parks. They don't have a location at this time. Pepsi is staying this year as will Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew. Pizza Shop and BBQ spot are switching locations.

It was interesting and fun getting in areas that are normally restricted areas. Like the Infield of Coasters and Flat rides. I'm very proud the direction the park is going in for the future. 

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 01, 2020, 11:23:54 PM »
A much needed long overdue addition is being added to Diamond Back. A station roof is being added to the coaster. FINALLY!, relief from the heat. No more baking in the sun.

Jaykethekid

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 02, 2020, 11:13:01 AM »
Only took 27 years! Much needed addition without a doubt. Im glad it's also a fully fabricated roof and not some canvas / cloth attatched to poles. Seems like it will last!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #353 on: March 03, 2020, 02:02:52 PM »
Excellent. That also implies that the Diamondback is staying for the foreseeable future. I was thinking they might eventually scrap it for not only maintenance reasons but also to fit in a bigger coaster.

Looking forward to seeing the improved Renegade Rapids.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 07, 2020, 12:55:50 AM »
Opening day 2020!!  Oh man has it been a long off season so it was great to get back into a park and ride a coaster.  First off Post COVID Six Flags has done a great job with the new state of the art technology moving guests through park entry.  It was amazing just to keep on walking only place I had to wait was to get my Pass scanned for entry. 
I'm going to start out with park when you arrive to the park you have to have proof of your reservation and you show that to the parking lot attendant before they can scan your pass/membership for parking or if you had to purchase parking prior to going you would show them your bar code on your parking voucher.  When you parked your vehicle and exited you would enter the park this time with your mask on your face as you walk through the new temperature building the first small building they check you for high temperatures with out using a thermometers.  Once you exit the temperature check you will come up to security which they now have you slowly enter the park without having to remove your jewelry or belt or have your bag checked.  the new security is now a snap you just walk right into the park.  Just all around awesome operations, The mobile ordering is new this year and that is awesome experience to be able to order on your phone and shortly afterwards you can just walk up to the counter and pick of your meal.

There were a lot of upgrades all around the park some you don't notice and other things you will notice the park looks amazing clean and they went back to keeping the charm of the park.  You don't notice annoying product advertisements in the park. They worked on some more theme-ing. It's like they want to turn Frontier City into the Knott's Berry Farms of the Six Flags parks.  I wouldn't complain if that is their goal with the park.  I will do a full picture tri report in the near future.   

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 07, 2020, 04:25:46 PM »
So what everyone wearing a mask the whole time?  What about on the rides?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 07, 2020, 08:01:33 PM »
I went today and guests were doing pretty well with mask wearing for the first hour the park was open. After that masks started to hang around necks or disappear completely.  I found that unless the guests were right up on each other they were not wearing the masks properly at all. Park associates were also starting to have their masks down under their chins around 3pm unless there is a guest (or authority) nearby and then they would snap a back up. I think this will be par for the course with the Six Flags parks and quite honestly probably even with SDC
SWOOSH

Jaykethekid

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 08, 2020, 01:53:35 PM »
To be fair, that seems to be how people are with masks at any place really. Unless it's somewhere that will kick you out at the sight of you not wearing your mask, people don't really seem to care. Though, if you really aren't near anyone, it seems reasonable to be able to temporarily take off the mask. I know they have the covered area by Wildcat setup as a designated spot for people to be able to remove their masks. Did it seem to be getting much use? Regarding employees, having talked to a friend of mine who is a operator there, they're being told that they are allowed to remove their masks while a ride is in motion given that they aren't interacting with any guests. Doesn't seem like a bad idea as it balances safety in regards to possibly spreading the virus and preventing additional heat fatigue from wearing a mask.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 08, 2020, 04:28:19 PM »
To be fair, that seems to be how people are with masks at any place really. Unless it's somewhere that will kick you out at the sight of you not wearing your mask, people don't really seem to care. Though, if you really aren't near anyone, it seems reasonable to be able to temporarily take off the mask. I know they have the covered area by Wildcat setup as a designated spot for people to be able to remove their masks. Did it seem to be getting much use? Regarding employees, having talked to a friend of mine who is a operator there, they're being told that they are allowed to remove their masks while a ride is in motion given that they aren't interacting with any guests. Doesn't seem like a bad idea as it balances safety in regards to possibly spreading the virus and preventing additional heat fatigue from wearing a mask.

I realize the mask requirement by these parks is a "CYA" policy to satisfy the lawyers, but it really is ridiculous.  Like I have stated over on Facebook in several "discussions" my plan is to always have a full drink bottle in hand that I "nurse" while enjoying the park.  This seems to be the loophole on getting around wearing the mask.  I had my gaiter on when in close quarters (in queues) but for the most part it was around my neck - and I wasn't the only one.  The whole "work smarter, not harder" way of thinking -- and no one blinked an eye
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #359 on: June 13, 2020, 06:07:48 PM »
Anyone know about this ride at FC?  This is in a flea market off of 65 around Ozark.

Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating