Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175128 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #300 on: June 26, 2019, 11:53:20 AM »
Those OKC stations can sensationalize anything.

Why aren't they reporting on every lawsuit for personal injury?

I'm guessing they only got this story because someone called them about it.  And who do you think that someone was?

LOL>>   

New Equation

Sprain + Publicity = $$$$$$

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 26, 2019, 04:37:14 PM »
Yea, I agree it looks like somebody looking for a payday or something to me.  I will tell you this as a fact, my wife broke her tail bone on the log ride there a couple of years back.  When it came down the hill I guess she must have lifted up and when it hit the bottom slammed back down.  We never reported it or looked for fame, attention, or a payday.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 26, 2019, 05:10:37 PM »
Yea, I agree it looks like somebody looking for a payday or something to me.  I will tell you this as a fact, my wife broke her tail bone on the log ride there a couple of years back.  When it came down the hill I guess she must have lifted up and when it hit the bottom slammed back down.  We never reported it or looked for fame, attention, or a payday.

Can I ask why you did not report it ? If not only to alert the PTB that maybe there was a malfunction or a bad transport vehicle. ? It could have kept someone else from being hurt, and recover any medical cost you may have had. Sorry, but I would have been looking to recover my medical costs for sure.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 26, 2019, 05:28:43 PM »
I know this is the Frontier City thread and not the SFOT one...

But on the SFOT flume (the original flume - closest to Titan entrance) their final drop runs-out into a right turn into the station. We had a log full of people and flew down the drop and run-out.  Hitting that right turn hard. It flung me into the side of the log cutting my leg at my knee. It bled quite a bit for a while but I never reported it to the park. Just went to the bathroom, cleaned up and went on my day.

I guess I should have called a news crew.

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #304 on: June 29, 2019, 11:13:26 AM »

Can I ask why you did not report it ? If not only to alert the PTB that maybe there was a malfunction or a bad transport vehicle. ? It could have kept someone else from being hurt, and recover any medical cost you may have had. Sorry, but I would have been looking to recover my medical costs for sure.

Lol, exactly. Broken bones and open wounds are worthy of reporting. Simply getting bumped around is another thing... People who aren't used to rides sometimes get freaked out to much. They would never survive Magic Springs.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 30, 2019, 08:01:21 AM »
Change the subject I got a kick out of the little sign in my attached photo. Someone at the park installed the Wild Kitty tombstone to Frankie’s Mine Train ride. They did use the old Wild Kitty track to hold the mine cars in the theme-ing elements in the infield.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 30, 2019, 08:08:40 AM »
You knew this was coming Ride Sponsorships check out the attached images. Steel Lasso is now sponsored by Takis! Plus Six Flag  advertisement boards popped up throughout the park. If they bring in a serious ride coaster then sponsor the rides. Make this park better please Six Flags.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #307 on: June 30, 2019, 07:54:14 PM »
If they bring in a serious ride coaster then sponsor the rides. Make this park better please Six Flags.

Remember, this isn't the first time that Six Flags has owned the park.  It could actually be debated that the current company that is Six Flags owned the park before it became Six Flags, as Frontier City was one of the parks owned by Tierco at the time it became Premier Parks and bought the Six Flags chain.  Believe it or not, Six Flags national HQ was even on the park property from 1998-2006, and they owned the park until 2007.  And Six Flags didn't add or do a whole lot with the park back then.

I hope that with the new management compared to when Six Flags last owned the park that it will be different, and they did do some pretty solid investments in the off season.  But I'll take a "wait and see" before I get to excited about Six Flags bringing in any major additions or changes.  :-)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #308 on: June 30, 2019, 08:50:23 PM »
Expect a major new flat ride every season.  Though let’s be honest, a used Boomerang would be big here. 
I see the following rides coming in the next few years (in no particular order)
Endeavour
Discovery (smaller model)
Disk’o
Chance Freestyle

SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2019, 08:36:28 PM »
I really can't remember all the details.  From what I recall it was a few days later and it still hurt so she went to the Dr and they found the break. 

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 02, 2019, 09:58:13 PM »
Construction for Frontier City's 2020 attraction has now started markers and stakes showed up today at the park.  The markers have SF 2020 on them and they encompass a large area.  A park manager before the stakes showed up today.  Last week during the concert a Oklahoma Coaster Club member posted photos of markings in the concert area and later was shot down immediately on their post that it was for a "French Drain".  This time around no manager quickly chimed in with a response.  to the large area staked out with numbers spray painted on the ground.  The stakes have SF 2020 some have numbers on the ones you can see have 165'.   I'm now going to label this mystery 2020 project  "French Drain" .   

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 03, 2019, 07:38:15 AM »
Construction for Frontier City's 2020 attraction has now started markers and stakes showed up today at the park.  The markers have SF 2020 on them and they encompass a large area.  A park manager before the stakes showed up today.  Last week during the concert a Oklahoma Coaster Club member posted photos of markings in the concert area and later was shot down immediately on their post that it was for a "French Drain".  This time around no manager quickly chimed in with a response.  to the large area staked out with numbers spray painted on the ground.  The stakes have SF 2020 some have numbers on the ones you can see have 165'.   I'm now going to label this mystery 2020 project  "French Drain" .   

Photos or it didn’t happen
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 03, 2019, 10:33:58 AM »
These photos were posted by Ryan Banks on the Facebook group Oklahoma Coaster Club. These are not my photos...

The area these are taken is around the old nightmare building, the train car, picnic pavilions, and winged warrior. There is news of paths now being closed in the park. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 09:27:56 PM by cowboy »

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 03, 2019, 08:58:53 PM »
I sure wish they had not gotten rid of the nightmare mine, or at least put another coaster in there.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 04, 2019, 08:53:11 PM »
I sure wish they had not gotten rid of the nightmare mine, or at least put another coaster in there.

Do you think a clone of Adventureland’s new Phoenix would fit in there?
SWOOSH