Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175077 times)

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #285 on: April 25, 2019, 11:19:00 PM »
I'm still having trouble getting photos uploaded of all the changes that happened at the park.  If you  do visit Frontier City this season you will be impressed on how much was done to the park.  Every square inch of the park was touched during the off season.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 04, 2019, 10:52:27 PM »
Here is closer look at Frankie's Mine train at Frontier City's The parks 6th and newest Coaster. (Since we found out this past week through a membership park newsletter that Six Flags considers Brain Drain A Larson Looper is indeed a coaster and not a flat ride. ) The new Zamperla Family Coaster arrived a few weeks ago and is sitting in the parking lot wrapped up like a Christmas present. Construction of the ride I guess will take the next couple of weeks.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 04, 2019, 10:58:01 PM »
Also Frontier City has added a lot of comforts like more shaded seating areas like this area next to the Go Kart entry.  Another thing I noticed around the park they added drinking fountains with the water bottle refill options. It's the small things, If you get a chance to see the park this season. The changes  Six Flags has made around the park is extremely impressive.  I wasn't expecting Six Flags to do this much work in the off-season to Frontier City.   

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 12, 2019, 10:16:33 PM »
 The photo posted of that shaded section added to the Thunder road raceway go karts is a guest mobile device charging station with plenty of outlets next to the benches. They have USB plugs as well as normal plugs. The parks guest Wi-Fi is up and running in most of the park.  Very Fast speeds.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 12, 2019, 10:18:08 PM »
Also the Go Fast Pass changed this week to a better looking more professional card. 

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 12, 2019, 10:21:14 PM »
Wild West Water Works get a brand new updated more flashier entrance. Six Flag-ish type of entrance.  They built out on the Gift Shop entrance and repainted the building this past week.  I heard the interior will be getting some refreshes. Wild West Water Works opens up this coming Saturday.   

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #291 on: May 13, 2019, 01:43:14 PM »
Really looking forward to it now.  And now have a date on my schedule, and it would be awesome to see others add the same date.

Saturday, Aug 17 is Coasting for Kids day at Frontier City, a fund raiser for Give Kids the World, which provides lodging and support for kids on Make a Wish vacations (notably at GKTW Village in Kissimmee, Florida).  It's an awesome cause, well worth supporting.  I'm hoping to raise over $500 (honestly I'll be disappointed if I don't do a good chunk more than that) and would love to see other SDC Fans join in the cause.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 14, 2019, 07:53:41 PM »
I still have not got season passes/membership yet.  At this point in the year I might be better off waiting until they open for next year.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 14, 2019, 08:34:42 PM »
I still have not got season passes/membership yet.  At this point in the year I might be better off waiting until they open for next year.

They are open till the first week of January. Plenty of season left and you still have Fright Fest one of the longest running in the country.  The all new Holiday In The Park.  Which was extremely impressive this past year for it's first year. The Main street Christmas Light show was amazing show to watch.  It is not the level of SDC but still it is extremely impressive for the size of the park.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #294 on: May 14, 2019, 09:16:03 PM »

Maybe.  Maybe not.  It'll likely be January when they have some sort of deal on the passes and memberships, which they won't now.  But I'd say it's also dependent on whether you plan to visit hte park this year or not.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #295 on: June 09, 2019, 12:09:15 PM »
Finally made it out to FC yesterday for the first time in a couple years. As Kevin has so often reported, the park is really nicely spruced up and there are lots of new details everywhere.

The park was quite busy for just a random hot Saturday with no concert. There was one company outing there, but a lot of the crowd were just ordinary visitors. I remember when FC struggled to fill their small parking lot, but today it was evident how much they need to expand that thing. Most people were paying $20 to park way off in the grass area.

Once again though, I walked away after a few hours feeling like the park was in desperate need of a star attraction. Almost every ride in the park is old, worn-out, and short with very little "wow-factor". At least they have an awesome rapids ride.

The new kids area is awesome though. That is a great start for refreshing the park. Let's hope next year it continues in a big way.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 25, 2019, 08:15:03 PM »
https://www.newson6.com/clip/14849446/multiple-injuries-reported-at-frontier-city-last-week

Hmmm? 

My first thought is, IF the gal riding the log ride ever comes to SDC..... I hope she doesnt ride FITH!!!

Sprain??? ===$$$$$$

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #299 on: June 26, 2019, 11:08:58 AM »
Those OKC stations can sensationalize anything.

Why aren't they reporting on every lawsuit for personal injury?

I'm guessing they only got this story because someone called them about it.  And who do you think that someone was?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating