Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175172 times)

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #270 on: November 15, 2018, 09:48:21 PM »
Kurt  I will be there next Friday opening day.  I'll keep a eye out for you and say Hello.   Okiebenz I say get both but it is not my money.  Just nice if you have the Six Flags Pass.  depending where you live there is nearby Six Flag parks.   Less then a week and opening of the very first Holiday in the Park at Frontier City opens up to the public. I will be there without bells on but I'm ready for this Season long Holiday event. 

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2019, 08:35:14 AM »
Last weekend was the last day of Frontier City's operation for the 2018 season.  Also the last weekend Wild Kitty would operate at the park.  I don't know if the park is going to sell the Wild Kitty or scrap it.  There is no telling with that coaster.  I was able to ride the coaster with the Oklahoma Coaster Club and park employees after the park closed for the season.  The club rode first before we had to leave the park.  It was nice some of the folks in the club said how they rode the coaster when their kids were younger. Some of the kids in the club now upper teens and early 20's reflected on how it was their first coaster.   Nice to have a nostalgia ride even though it's a lackluster kids coaster.   I'm looking forward to seeing what Six Flags does with that section of the park.  It's not a small investment I heard it was in the ball park of a 12 million dollar remodel of that section of the park.  I would rather seen them spend 12 million dollars on a nice new coaster.  I do understand they decided to use this money to give the kids section a complete makeover.   Which I bet it increases their birthday party rentals.  The area is going to have a brand new Kids coaster a Zamperla family Gravity coaster, There will be one ride relocated the Airplanes The other two rides will be brand new  A kids Ferris Wheel instead of the Caddo Lake Barge which will stay at SFOT.  The hopping frogs.  All the play structures and existing rides Toms Toms swings, The tea cups,  Rio Grande will receive new looks to the rides.  Rumor the Rio Grande mini train will have a expanded track.  The whole area is getting a makeover.  Plus it will have meet and greet characters that the attractions will be based off in Timbertown.  Great Escape has a Timbertown. My guesses they are going to model this section like the one at Great Escape. 

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2019, 07:26:08 PM »
When is the best time of the year to buy a season pass/membership?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2019, 07:29:16 PM »
When is the best time of the year to buy a season pass/membership?

Labor Day Weekend.  It’ll be good for the rest of the year plus the following. 
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2019, 09:52:56 PM »
I got some park updates from this week from a live video one of the park managers did this past week on the Oklahoma Coaster Club FB page.  The video since been removed because a contractor in the background used a not for safe internet word.  With the video representing the park the manager removed the video but will do more live videos before the park opening.  Now for what was shared on that video.

I'm actually looking forward to the new Timbertown it is no longer going to be Paul Bunyan's Timbertown.   I had no idea how bad of shape the area was it was pretty much a patch job through the years. Now the area is getting a complete remodel. I like what Six Flags will be doing to the area.  New infrastructure new rides. Two of the rides are rides relocated from other Six Flag parks.  The Ferris Wheel and the Airplanes.  The existing rides and attractions in the area all being rethemed.  The kids train will have a new name and be longer.  The existing play structure is going to be completely redone and be called Hootie Treehouse.  The School house that is currently being used as storage.  They have plans for it and could not say at this time.  There is new landscaping and theme-ing and new custom walkways.  Not just pavement it will be decorative concrete walkways.  I'm actually impressed with the work Six Flags has put into area. 

They are reopening the game room that used to be next to the Pizza place.  The new party rooms have been constructed in the game room.  The games are already in place and set up and it looks nice.  The Chuck Wagon counter in Fort Frontier has been expanded and looks that they may have more registers added and where the registers were once located may be the Food Pick up.  The counter area looks like what you would see at the Big parks in their main food areas.   Also  in the video was a sneak peak at the set for the new country show in the Opera House.  It this has to be the most elaborate set that I seen at Frontier City.  It takes up the whole stage and the stage side of the Opera house.  It looks amazing and rustic.

There were some questions about Silver Bullet  One being a paint job, Another about the Greezed lighting trains and another if they were going to do any theming with the coaster.  He did say no too the paint job this season.  He heard something about the former Greezed Lightning train.  On a different note that fans of the park will be excited what they are going to do too the coaster then teased and said he could not tell us yet. That thing is not the Greezed Lighting Train.    My guesses they will turn the lights on in the tunnel they used during Fright Fest.  Either that in the past they mentioned about doing theming elements in the queue line and the coasters infield.  Maybe that will happen this season.     

The rest of the park updates were that they were working on a few building facades that needed to be refreshed, interactive theme-ing elements through out the park.  The log ride was getting new handrails. The new rails will have the rail closest to the canal track of the ride closed off so nobody (kids,or adults) can fall into the canal track.  New carnival games that he could not share.   Did ask about more food options but that is not an area he covers but could get with that department lead and find out for the next video.  He did find out about a new Funnel Cake that the park will introduce he was excited about he is not that big on amusement park food.   This one he said he will be purchasing on opening day.  The park will have Pepsi again this year since the park is still in a multi year contract with Pepsi.  He doesn't know the length of the contract.  If Six Flags will just honor the multi year contract out it could get expensive to renegotiate a contract.  You have to think besides FC there is 4 other parks with Pepsi so it could get pretty expensive to buy out of a contract and renegotiate a new contract.

Those are the updates that I found out this past week.     

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 17, 2019, 11:16:08 PM »
Well I drove out to the park today and got out and snapped photos.  The biggest thing I noticed is the Ticket booth is being moved out 10 feet towards the parking lot.   The photo is not the greatest I did take off the property.   They were already setting up the kids rides.  They had the Kids swings and the new planes set in place.  Also the smaller Kid play structure is taller.  The tilt A whirl had shiney new domes. So pretty interesting all the work going on in the park besides the TimberTown. 

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 02, 2019, 10:33:36 PM »
The all-new  2019 Six Flags Frontier City Map has been posted online at the Frontier City Website. 

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #278 on: April 03, 2019, 09:04:26 PM »
As it's turned out, we ended up with Six Flags passes after all this year.  So now I just have to figure out a way to make that 8 hour round trip out to Frontier City work.  Might make it out there after all.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 06, 2019, 07:39:43 AM »
I may try to make a trip down there this year as well..  just to check it out..

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 06, 2019, 06:00:20 PM »
I am still debating on buying passes for FC this year.  We have not been out there for a couple of years and have never been to a six flags park at all.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2019, 10:32:57 PM »
Today I just don't know where to begin.  I was truly amazed what the staff of Frontier City pulled off in 3 months.  The money and time they sunk into that park in the 3 months I am truly and utterly amazed at what they did to the park in such a short time. From the change in the entry plaza to when I walked out of that park. HATS OFF to that team.  Most everything in that park is changed or had changes.  They didn't do it cheaply. They kept to what Jim Reed Anderson said keep the charm of the park. OH MAN !!That they did!! Where do I begin There is that much done to the park.  From Shows, To food, to Theme-ing elements as in step it up to Cedar Fair Knotts Berry Farm level theme-ing,  So many refreshes every square inch of the park had to be touched and WOW!!! Absolutely WOW!!!  I think I'm on board with Six Flags taking over this park. Just let me know what you want to see and I will make posts. I can't get all into this one Post. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #282 on: April 06, 2019, 10:39:54 PM »
Um...photos?
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2019, 09:36:44 AM »
I’ll get them posted this week. I’m going to have to break them down by area. So many changess and photos.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #284 on: April 08, 2019, 10:11:45 AM »
Theme-ing elements as in step it up to Cedar Fair Knotts Berry Farm level theme-ing, 

I'm really hoping to be able to get over there this year, but wanted to touch on this- Cedar Fair had NOTHING to do with Knott's theming, except a decline in the overall quality of it.  Back when Knott's was independent the depth and quality of their theming was much greater.  Cedar Fair also has little to nothing to do with the Ghost Town days other than allowing it to happen and facilitating it a little bit.  The vast majority of that is done by a couple of outside groups that organize and bring it together.

I miss the old Knott's.  But I guess at least they haven't let the theming decline as much at Knott's as they did at California's Great America.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.