Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175093 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #255 on: September 09, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »
That is funny!  What a great idea.. ;D

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #256 on: September 09, 2018, 08:38:04 PM »
That's taking a page from Kings Island and Cedar Point.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #257 on: September 09, 2018, 09:29:50 PM »
That's taking a page from Kings Island and Cedar Point.

Or... maybe other Six Flags parks?  Most noteably SFA who did this to announce Appocalypse was leaving
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 09, 2018, 10:43:55 PM »
I wonder how Membership/Season Ticket sales are going for Frontier City now that all the Six Flags parks are included. I know we changed our park to Frontier City on our membership, and several people I know in Tulsa bought passes that never had before either......I'm hoping this leads to a big fourth quarter for the park.

Jay

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 10, 2018, 09:45:23 AM »
Jay I don’t know but I feel it was successful I also know people here in OKC who got one or the other they wanted to check out Holiday In the Park and Fright Fest.  Saturday I went to the park and when I went to get my dining vouchers I waited in a long line. I was talking to a guy he got the membership for him his daughter. He hasn’t been to the park in over 10 years. With OKC proximity to Six Flags Over Texas. People here said what the heck I can take a weekend or day trip visit Over Texas. I feel this is a win win situation. People who were cautious this year I will think take advantage of the flash sale next year.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 11, 2018, 09:01:18 AM »
Anybody at all interested in Frontier Christmas?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #261 on: October 11, 2018, 06:40:22 PM »

They changed their minds and it’s going to be called Holiday in the Park starting this year
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 12, 2018, 08:11:26 AM »

Yes, we were probably going even without season passes - but now that we have the SF season pass, we're definitely going to attend. We love going to the different Holiday events around the state. Always hitting up Rhema, Honor Height's and the Castle....so this will just add to the list of things to do here close.

Jay

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 31, 2018, 05:24:50 PM »
So I am currently debating on skipping SDC season pass this year and doing Frontier City.  It looks like their passes and/or membership now includes all or most other Six Flags parks.  I have not dug into prices and options yet but it seems like this might be something to seriously consider.  Anybody got any thoughts?  I have never been to a Six Flags park before.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #264 on: October 31, 2018, 07:47:16 PM »
FC is pretty small. You can do the whole park in a matter of hours. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but it's more of a local OKC park vs. a major destination park like SDC. The coasters are OK, but nothing to write home about unless you are an enthusiasts who geeks out over a rare Schwarzkopf and one of the last Arrow shuttles. They have some shows, some of which are nice, but not on the level of what SDC does.

If you plan go to multiple parks using the discounts/membership it might make sense, but trading SDC for FC alone would be a big step down in experience. SFOT or SFStL are both decent parks to try to hit as well, more-so SFOT.

Personally I feel like almost every other park I visit is a bit of a let down after growing up with SDC. You rarely get the feel at most parks that you are in a warm, wholesome environment. It's usually just rides rides rides and lots of annoying teenagers. I can get being burned out of SDC after a few years though. Change can be good, but there's nothing else quite like SDC unless you head to Tennessee.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 31, 2018, 08:15:25 PM »
We have had season passes to Frontier City for several years and and usually had passes to that as well as SDC at the same time.  Right now we usually go up to SDC at least once a month and usually do 2 days when we are up there.  This year it seems like when we go up there were are only there maybe 2-3 hours and we are done. 

I have not been back to FC in the last couple of years and now that they are part of Six Flags, I figured we could go to FC often as they are about the same distance as it is for us to go to SDC, plus hit St. Louis and Texas a few times during the year.

Looking on the FC site, it appears they are only selling the gold membership, but if you go thru the other parks you can get the higher levels if that is in fact worth messing with.  If I did it, I would probably also get the dining package as well, something I wish SDC offered

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 07, 2018, 05:31:24 PM »
Okiebenz I have the Gold Level and dining plan at Frontier City.  I will upgrade to a higher level because of all the benefits that are offered at other parks.   I like SDC I do plan on getting a pass just because my wife and I  we   like their seasonal events.   Right now myself I plan on upgrading come January when FC will offer the upgrades.  Right now I pay 17 a month because I have both the Gold Membership that gives me access to all Six Flag parks.  The premium dining membership that was offered when I got my Gold membership.  The two together is 17 a month.  FC is now open 10 months of the year. with it now closing the first weekend of January.    There is rumors that it may open as early as March to coincide with Spring Break.   With the premium dining membership. I get lunch, dinner and snack.  I do visit Over Texas atleast 4 times a year.  Either St. Louis or Fiesta once a year.  Fiesta Texas will be open year around.   

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 07, 2018, 06:03:33 PM »
The passholder announcements came out today in email. I'm more excited for Holiday in the park.  This past summer I was talking with one of the managers about the Christmas event. During that time I was told Wildcat  Silver Bullet, and Tumbleweed would be closed during the holiday event. The email I received today says Wildcat will be open for Holiday in the park.  This coaster is dynamic at night. One of the best night riding coasters.  Also in those announcements they stated the parks historic main street will be a show in itself.  There will be a 50 foot (5 story) Christmas Tree.  That will have it's own show that will be choreographed with the lights on Main Street for the tree lighting.   They are inviting church and civic groups to perform throughout the park.  Also they released some of the seasonal food offerings. Like Hot bread bowls Chili etc.  Seasonal treats From special funnel cakes, Holiday Cookies, Candy Apples, roasted nuts and Peppermint Fudge.  Santa's village etc.  most offering you find at other Six Flag Holiday in the Park events around the country.  Like the s'mores and Hot Chocolate.  Can you imagine flying over the 5 story Christmas Tree on Soaring Eagle.  Flying over the Christmas Lights.  no information on the shows.  I did here from significant sources that they will have a Christmas theme magic show.  That there may be a Christmas Themed gunfight show.  I'm getting excited to see what this park looks like for Christmas.  It's a smallpark so won't take millions and millions of lights to make an impact.  After reading that pass holder email I'm excited to check out this event.  Will post photos of my visit. 

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 14, 2018, 03:12:58 PM »
I just accepted a part time job as front gate for Frontier City. My name is Kurt so if any of y'all see me out there feel free to introduce yourself :)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 14, 2018, 05:53:44 PM »
I am still debating on if I should get six flags passes instead of SDC, or in addition to SDC