Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175118 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2018, 09:49:01 AM »
Definitely large enough for a small compact coaster. Not getting my hopes up yet, but it's a huge opportunity for them with one of the last easily develop-able areas in the current park. I have a feeling it will just be a haunt to bring the Halloween event up to SF standards.

There's a line of thought that SF has no interest in really building up the park. It's easier to focus on festivals/concerts/events to keep a steady local crowd while their real intention is to drive people into the SF membership system so they drive down to Dallas for the real coasters.

While FC will never actually compete with SFOT, if they added a new thrill coaster to FC it might be less enticing for some people to drive to Dallas. I think the only thing that would really drive development at FC at this point is competition. If someone else starts a new park in the OKC metro or even Tulsa... then SF would have to respond. Don't think that's going to happen within the next decade though...

At least we will see some ride replacements before long. The Zamperla Power Surge is already broken down constantly - just like it was at Magic Springs. Would not be surprised to see it replaced with something like an Endevour.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2018, 11:29:25 AM »
I think they would be a perfect candidate for one of those new RMC Raptor coasters. Small footprint, big thrill!

Jay

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2018, 10:08:36 AM »
Well "Shave the Whales" your thought about the park adding events to appeal to locals is spot on. I learned Friday that the park is adding an event "Oktoberfest" I'm not sure the dates.  Last time Six Flags had the park back in 2006 they started it the last two weekends of September and ended it the first weekend of October it overlapped that weekend with Fright Fest.  I will try too find out more details in the coming weeks.  I researched about the event and what it entailed when it was at the park last time.  It was like you expect out of Oktoberfest a German food and beer festival.   With German Music and dancing performances. Also note again the parking prices jumped up again by $5 dollars.  It is now $20 dollars to park in the lot.  I know the Parking Pass is $39.99 so if anyone visit  more then twice this season.  That is the best deal for you.   The park has 3 major events coming up now Oktoberfest, Fright Fest, and A Frontier Christmas.   

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2018, 03:27:06 PM »
While FC will never actually compete with SFOT, if they added a new thrill coaster to FC it might be less enticing for some people to drive to Dallas. I think the only thing that would really drive development at FC at this point is competition. If someone else starts a new park in the OKC metro or even Tulsa... then SF would have to respond. Don't think that's going to happen within the next decade though...

Its my personal opinion but I really think the loss of Bells really killed the growth and expansion potential for FC. I would agree not to expect too much except maybe flat ride clones/replacements like what SF has been doing at their various parks already.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:28:55 PM by sdcfan88 »

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 14, 2018, 04:27:47 PM »
Did a quick drive by of the park today - the go karts may be walled off, but all the karts are still on the track (in the station) and there isn't anything going on that I could see from the back roadway.

I'm still hoping for a Raptor coaster in that area.....

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2018, 11:20:46 PM »
I’m going to just leave this here
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 18, 2018, 03:09:34 PM »
I'm guessing they are gonna relocate that B&M stand up from SF America there.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #217 on: August 18, 2018, 04:29:34 PM »
That would make me lol so hard. If it got converted to floorless in the process it would actually be an awesome addition though.

I'm keeping my expectations low. This is the chain that made a big deal about the worlds tallest super loop. Good thing FC already has one.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 18, 2018, 06:53:18 PM »
That would make me lol so hard. If it got converted to floorless in the process it would actually be an awesome addition though.

I'm keeping my expectations low. This is the chain that made a big deal about the worlds tallest super loop. Good thing FC already has one.

Getting the states first B&M and the most significant addition since Silver Bullet would definitely garner a lot of local attention to say the least. Id have to look it up but isn't it bigger than SDC's Wildfire?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2018, 09:09:17 PM »

Getting the states first B&M and the most significant addition since Silver Bullet would definitely garner a lot of local attention to say the least. Id have to look it up but isn't it bigger than SDC's Wildfire?

Um. :o No. 
Iron Wolf was the first B&M coaster built exclusively by B&M.  While it would probably be a major addition to FC it is far from a good ride. 
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2018, 10:45:03 PM »
I was at the park today they have been working on Fright Fest.  One is a new photo op area called Shelter 28. I'm thinking it may have live actors the way it is done up.  The scare zone that is normally constructed in Wildcats infield is much larger they added a lookout tower to the scare zone.  Also a Zombie Hunt Paint Ball game was added to one of the game sections. Another sign Fright Fest is coming they did a Six Flags thing and dyed one of the pools in the park Blood Red. Here is photos I took today. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2018, 07:07:03 AM »
Man!  they get serious about the Fright fest.... :o

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2018, 04:07:23 PM »

Um. :o No. 
Iron Wolf was the first B&M coaster built exclusively by B&M.  While it would probably be a major addition to FC it is far from a good ride.

LOL yeah finally looked them up to compare, granted I never rode it but maybe it could be an improvement if it were converted to a sit down or floorless like Shave suggested? For anyone else wondering, here are the specs: https://rcdb.com/6.htm and as it is currently: https://rcdb.com/10136.htm
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 04:09:09 PM by sdcfan88 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2018, 06:48:29 PM »
Only reason I merely suggested it was that it is a rather compact B&M and if they did a floor less or even normal car conversion, it would a quarter of the cost of a new B&M. Let's rember that SF did not buy Frontier City but operating it under their umbrella. This would make them money by selling it to the actual owners.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2018, 10:58:44 PM »

1958 when the park was created one of the Display features they have at the park till this day. That is Boothill Cemetery. Today I noticed the sign was missing from the fake Graveyard. I later learned that it was removed because it was racially offensive by the title "Boothill Cemetery". Mainly the term "Boothill" the park removed the sign because you know Six Flags they don't want to be the center of attention and or any controversy. "Boothill" which in the history of the term and has NO ties whatsoever with being racist or offensive. Here is the definition found online.

"Boot Hill, or Boothill, is the name for any number of cemeteries, chiefly in the American West. During the 19th century it was a common name for the burial grounds of gunfighters, or those who "died with their boots on".

My feeling I think the park should stand their ground and put the sign back up there is nothing offensive about the title of the cemetery. That has been part of the park since 1958. 60 years I think the sign needs to go back up maybe they should do a online poll if it stays or if goes. I don't know all I know there is nothing offensive about "Boothill"