Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175080 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2018, 11:36:10 AM »
Apparently the rumor on the street is that the Tumbleweed may get taken out. That would free up a decent spot for a new flat.

It's one of the last classic rotors left, and they just got it fixed and working again a few years ago after SF let it sit dormant for awhile. It's probably past it's service life though.

I'm still holding out hope for a drop tower.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 09, 2018, 08:38:17 PM »
It will be interesting to see how Frontier City does under the new Six Flags management. I'm thinking this time around will be better for the park because crazy investment isn't being done to smaller parks trying to make them into a Six Flags park.

I am hoping for continued development with a new attraction every year, and I'm excited to learn about the season pass opportunities in the future.

Jay.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2018, 07:49:41 PM »
I could not remember what the tumbleweed was so I pulled up their website and could not find it.  So I googled it then remembered what it was.  While looking at the rides it listed Diamondback and Wildcat as temp closed.  Is that some sort of live update thing like the SDC app?  Or are those rides shut down for some reason?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2018, 09:51:07 PM »
The Tumbleweed was a classic rotor ride. Basically a barrel that spun around on it's y-axis so you were pinned to the inside wall. The fact that it is no longer on the website is what is causing the rumor.

As for the other rides, I've seen scattered reports that they've been having issues with ride downtime on the major rides. Not good when most of the star attractions are down at an already attraction-starved park.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2018, 10:09:25 PM »
Frontier City is my home park.  It's 20 minute drive for me.  I saw the screamscape story about Tumbleweed.  It's up and running I haven't seen it closed all season.  When I read the story about the ride I went up too the park too see for myself.  It's running with a line of riders.  It has become a popular ride with kids and pre teens and teens.   The floor still Drops and raises a few adults ride the ride.  I can't stomach these rides had a bad experience just watching it from the observation platform I felt those bad experiences coming back to haunt me.   

For the down rides  Wildcat been running they been taking it down on Monday's to work on the far turn around track.  For some reason when they cleaned up some of the trees this past winter it made that turn around unbearable to ride.  For the past 4 weeks they have closed the ride on either Monday or Tuesday to work on the track.  They have replaced alot of track on that turn around it is now alot smoother then it was at the beginning of the season. 

Diamond Back is awaiting a sensor from what I understand will back in operation sometime this week.  It broke down this past weekend. 

Gunslinger from what I was told is waiting on a part that has to be shipped in from overseas. That is why it has been down for this extended amount of time.  The park has posted a cartoonish sign that the ride operator is on vacation in Hawaii. 

The rest of the rides have been operational so far this season.  The train kept derailing so a few weeks this season it was reduced down to 2 cars.  This past week they put the 3rd car back on the train.   It's been running smoothly. 

The parks log ride Tunnel has had some theme-ing updates Music added and as the outside track area some extra wet things were added to splash you.    Also Renegade Rapids Theme line has some interactive theme-ing and Music added to the queue line.  Pretty entertaining and nicely done.

Starting this week and next  the Circus makes a stop at Frontier City with daily shows on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2018, 07:46:02 PM »
I have not been to Frontier city for a couple of years, think it was year before last when we had season passes.  I may get them again next year and skip SDC, maybe.  I actually think their log ride is better than SDC.  At least they have some scenery to look at in the tunnel.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2018, 09:02:36 PM »
I have not been to Frontier city for a couple of years, think it was year before last when we had season passes.  I may get them again next year and skip SDC, maybe.  I actually think their log ride is better than SDC.  At least they have some scenery to look at in the tunnel.

That is definitely true about the flumes.  It didn't use to be.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2018, 01:09:06 PM »
Six Flags has made a recent change to the price It cost for parking at Frontier City. The recent increase went from $9 to $15. I asked a representive about the price increase they said it is expected to increase more during Fright Fest. It is expected too rise to $20 before the end of the season to be inline with the rest of the Six Flag’s Parks.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2018, 07:12:25 PM »
WOW!!   

Maybe we are spoiled?

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2018, 09:19:04 PM »
For the down rides  Wildcat been running they been taking it down on Monday's to work on the far turn around track.  For some reason when they cleaned up some of the trees this past winter it made that turn around unbearable to ride.  For the past 4 weeks they have closed the ride on either Monday or Tuesday to work on the track.  They have replaced alot of track on that turn around it is now alot smoother then it was at the beginning of the season. 

If it meant that part of the track is less shaded, it likely caused the wood to shrink with the added sun .

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2018, 09:53:17 PM »
Six Flags started raising the prices recently it raised the parking from $9 too $15 Dollars at Frontier City. They also did this at White Water Bay it went from $7 too $15 dollars.   Today I was at the park and noticed all the menu screen turned off and the signs with prices of the food removed when I asked an employee about what I saw I was told that the prices on concession were going up this week. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2018, 08:16:20 PM »
Parking is $26 at the big Six Flags Parks FYI

I wonder if my meal plan will work here or if I have to wait a year
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2018, 09:44:40 PM »
Swoosh I emailed the park to find out about if the SF meal plan will be allowed to be used this season at Frontier City.   I'm still awaiting a response from the park.   I have a Frontier City meal plan the prices did go up a few dollars.  If you have a Frontier City meal plan you have a significant number of new meal options.  My favorite BBQ sandwich meal  has been added to what is now available with the meal plan.   Hopefully for Six Flag holders that soon you can use your dining pass. i

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2018, 08:26:37 AM »
When they bought the park we were told that FC would be a $20 upcharge to visit so I’m guessing we are a year out still on being able to use our perks there. That’s fine.  There’s nothing really drawing me there yet but I’d be a nice stop on the way to Texas for a couple hours
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 03, 2018, 08:48:48 PM »
This is interesting I was at the park and the Go-karts are walled off snd removed from the website? The area large enough for a small coaster?